James continues to crack me up daily - here are some funny stories we've gotten from him lately:
1. James is now finally saying momma and dadda all the time. He's known these words for a long while now but has just now started really using them. Funny thing, he knows I'm momma but he also calls monkeys momma as well. I don't know if he's missing the "k" sound or what but anytime he sees a monkey he says, "momma?". Yesterday we were at chick-fil-a and he got a book in his kids meal and the main character was a gorilla and when Jeremy opened it up to read it to him he saw the gorilla and said "momma?"
2. We started discipline bootcamp for James a couple of weeks ago. One of the things we have started doing is sitting in time out for whining and crying - this mostly happens because he gets impatient waiting for his food and I know that he is now fully capable of understanding that not one time have I ever made him food and then not given it to him so this pitching a fit is no longer acceptable. The first day I did this I would sit him in his little green chair and get down to his level and tell him "we are not going to act this way - when you are done crying you can get up". The first day he sat there for 10/15 minutes a time and would just loose it and then finally get worn out and stop crying. Well, he's got it figured out now. Whenever I sit him in the chair he cries the whole way over there and then as soon as I sit him on the chair and tell him what he has to do to get up he stops crying and gives me the sign for "all done". How funny is that! I have to keep myself from cracking up at him. So far he's doing pretty good with it. There are some days he doesn't have to go at all and his trips there are much shorter than when we started!
3. On this discipline note he has starting, I guess what you would call a tantrum? But it's not the throw yourself on the floor flailing your arms kind of tantrum. Often when he doesn't get his way, to let me know that he's not happy, he very calmly sets down whatever he has in his hands and then lays down on the floor - I guess to let me know he's not moving? It really cracks me up because it's so calm. When he first started doing it I really didn't even pay him any attention but I've now realized what he's doing. Now this behavior also warrants a trip to the time out chair:)
4. As I have posted in the past James is quite the eater and this continues to be true. And he will eat until you put the food away or it runs out. Apparently our church nursery gives out little puffs or cookies or something. I have no idea when they bring these snacks out but when we picked up James this past Sunday he looked like the Cookie Monster. He had crumbs all over his face and his shirt. I should have taken a picture so you could fully understand. I'm just imagining that they pop out these snacks pretty early in the service to keep the kids happy and most kids come over, grab a few and then keep playing, and there stands my son, glued to the cookie lady and just double fisting them all service long! I didn't see any other kids covered in cookies like mine!
5. Nap time - james continues to be my wonderful sleeper. He is almost 18 months old and still takes 2 -2 hour naps a day. I've tried to move him to a one a day nap schedule and he's just not ready for it - which is fine with me since the 9am nap is the only time he and John-Mark are down at the same time. Now, if we're out and about he can go with only one nap but if we're just around the house between 9 and 9:30 I'll say, "ready to take a nap?" and he says "night-night?" and goes into his room and puts his hands up for me to put him in his bed! Could he be any sweeter!?!
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment