.

Saturday, February 14, 2009

18 & 6 months old!!!


Oh my goodness where is the time flying to!?! I can't believe how big both of my boys are getting. I think James has hit a growth spurt as of recent because many of his 18 month pants that used to be too long are now just right if not almost too short and he can fully reach the door handles now! And John-Mark is quickly catching up to his big brother and they will be wearing the same size diaper (4) soon! It is so interesting to see the similarities in the two but even more so the differences! As I've mentioned before James is my wonderful napper and John-Mark is my "cat-napper". James has never been very good at entertaining himself while John-Mark can sit in his exersaucer or car seat for long stretches of time and be totally content. At 6 months James was an eating machine and we couldn't get the peas in his mouth fast enough before he would yell at us - John-Mark has barely taken an interest in baby food and actually acts like he's gagging when I feed him peas! I know that we can shape our kids through how we parent them but it's so obvious of God's different, unique design for each of these boys and I already see different areas of prayer focus for each of them. I am totally in love with my boys and completely fascinated by them both.
What's new with us?
James newest obsession is the shower! He loves, loves, loves to take a shower with you and since we have a walk-in shower if you don't keep an eye out you might just find that he will just "walk" in, fully clothed to join you! He also likes to play in the shower when it's not on and two nights ago I looked down while cooking dinner and he was handing me a bar of soap he had gone and taken from the shower :) His favorite foods right now are blueberries and bananas (blue and nanna) - still not big on meat right now. He loves his new swing set and cries when we have to come inside (unless I bribe him with blue or nanna) and whenever I take the boys outside to load them in the car, by the time I get John-Mark all buckled in, James has run to the swing and is standing there grinning at me! He usually gets a couple pushes in the swing before we head off - and it's the same routine when we get back home. He also loves getting to give the dogs their treats - he thinks that is so fun!
Last week my mom and Papa Steve came to visit the boys and they had a great day of playing outside and in. James and Papa Steve were wrestling around on the floor and James was cracking up and having a good time when all the sudden he stopped and gave Steve the sign for all done, then got up and went to his room and got his blanket and came out and said, "night night". I guess Papa Steve wore him out! I don't know of any other kid that loves his sleep like this one!
John-Mark is such a sweet baby - he smiles all the time! Jeremy and I say all the time just how perfect both our boys are and how blessed we are. He is sitting up now (with assistance) and loves to rock back and forth. He's finally starting to eat some baby food and so far the only thing that he hasn't gagged on are pears - but if you're eating something he's trying to grab it and put it in his mouth - it's like he wants to skip baby food and go straight to the finger foods! He hasn't shown any signs of teething yet but James didn't have his first tooth until closer to 7 months so I guess that's one thing they'll have in common. He also is loving the swing as well. He just giggles when I push him and of course, loves to stare over at his big brother swinging besides him:)
Just a Swingin'
Papa Steve and his boys!
John-Mark sitting in the big boy high chair (sniff, sniff)
What's going on back there daddy?James and Daddy resting
James loves to kick Charlie out of his bed so he can play in it!
Hey big boy!!
Happy Valentines Day to everyone!!

1 comment:

Stephanie Drew said...

wow! they really are growing...and they are both so cute. i see how you can't resist a few pushes on the swing if you're getting one of those grins! love your family and i think you're an amazing mom!