.

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Drumroll Please....

Okay, so I think I have become addicted to this couponing/sales thing! It is one of the highlights of my week when I get the sale adds and see what I can match up with my coupons - I love it! So I am going to join in the fun of all the folks that show off their loot and their savings on their blog- I know I have stated this is a brag blog of my babies, but let's face it - this is pretty brag worthy too :)
Total Regular Price: $183.39
Total Coupons: $43.04
Total in Advertised Sales: $61.19
Total Out-of-Pocket: $79.17
Total Saved: $104.22 / 57% !!!!

I still feel like I spent a lot of money but I saved a lot too!!! I didn't get everything on sale AND with a coupon but most everything was one or the other or BOTH! I was able to get multiples of several great deals by getting extra coupons from thecouponclippers.com
Here's a break down of my best deals:
20 jars of Earths Best babyfood (not in the pic) $.45 each (BOGO + $1/10 coupons) FYI - Publix has coupons available in the babyfood isle we can all take advantage of - sale ends Tuesday!
4 Glass Plus $.25 each (BOGO $2.24 + $1 coupons for each)
4 cans of Progresso Bread Crumbs $.47 each (BOGO $1.94 + $1/2 coupons)
4 8oz Sargento Shredded Cheese $1.50 each (Sale 2/$4 with $1/2 coupons)
5 Dixie 160 count napkins $.50 each (Sale for $1.50 + $1 coupons for each)
3 16 oz Crisco Olive Oil $2.25 each (BOGO $6.50 + $1 coupons for each)
I also got Ragu and Ronzoni Pasta BOGO, Green Giant canned Veggies BOGO, Green Giant Frozen Veggies $.60 each and at the end I had a $5 off coupon for purchasing 20 items on the "Italian Sale" list and another $5 off $50 coupon I used.
Overall I think it was a great day and I was able to stock my pantry with some of the larger ticket items at target or below prices!!

DIAPERS!!! Okay, I have a question to you my loyal blog followers (all 10 of you:)) For those of you that are also on this savings/coupon journey I've read on several forums that $.10 per diaper is the target price on diapers but I just haven't seen any deals that good - have you? I'll buy most brands - the only one's I have tried and really don't like are Wal-Mart diapers but on name brand or store brands the cheapest I've seen are $.14 a diaper (a size 3 box of Publix diapers on sale). Publix currently has Huggies boxes $3off and I have $1.50 coupons which would get me a box of size 3 (100 count) for $.15 each and size 4 (92 count) for $.16 - I'm debating whether it's the best deal or if I should wait. Any opinions/advice?
I got a sample of Cosco diapers in the mail and really liked them but haven't priced them yet - does anyone use them or know what the cost per diaper is?

6 comments:

everythingismeowsome said...

I am dying laughing because I was just getting on to brag about my deals too!!
As far as diapers go, I don't get anywhere near that cheap. But then again, I only use Pampers, for better or for worse. I got them at Babies R Us for .19 each on Saturday.

Unknown said...

Wow! You did so great with your sales. The past two weeks haven't been as good for me sale wise, so I am quite envious (I will repent later)! On the diapers I only buy Pampers unless I get a really deep discount on Huggies. I got the recently for $10.00 for a huge box by tripling coupons at Publix, but before they were used up we were anxious to return to Pampers.

Stephanie Drew said...

so proud of your trip! that's awesome!!! i've slacked this month and have nothing to show for it!

as for the diapers, i hear the .10 thing too, but haven't seen it. we really like the target brand diapers. i use them during the day and use huggies at night. the best time to buy huggies/pampers is when you have the store coupon (like you have) plus a manuf. coupon, plus a competitor coupon.
babiesrus often runs the 2 boxes for $80 and those boxes have about 200-240 diapers (depending on size) which makes them .16 and they give you a $15 gift card when you buy two boxes. all sorts of possibilities with that. :)

The Barnetts said...

What does BOGO mean? : ) No clue about diapers, but I do know that I'll be eating at the Allen house quite frequently!

The Hoppers said...

You know you have it bad when you post pictures!!!!!

Stephanie Heupel said...

This is amazing.