.

Monday, April 19, 2010

Visit with Mom-Mom and Papa Steve

Last Thursday we went for a couple of days to visit with Mom-Mom and Papa Steve. The boys LOVE their grandparents and the fact that they have two super cute little puppies (Schatzi and Ben-Ben) is a bonus :) We went to a local children's museum and the boys had tons of fun. They had lots of hands on things for them to explore. My camera died about half way through the trip so I only have pics from the first part of the visit :( We also went to the Botannical Gardens and they are having this super fun tree house exhibit. They have over 10 tree houses located throughout the gardens that the boys got to climb all over! They each have different themes - some even had slides you could ride down from the tree - I wish my camera hadn't died - it really was a lot of fun - I think we'll have to take them there again before the exhibit closes.
Playing a little checkers before we go in the museum - I've found that when I am taking the boys somewhere that I think there may be a lot of children it's easiest for me to have them in matching shirts so I can find them easily instead of having to remember what both of them are wearing. I know that sounds crazy - how hard is it to remember what two boys are wearing but when things get crazy and tons of kids are running around I can't keep track :)
James and mom-mom working in the garden :)


They have a big water table here - we have a simliar one at one of our local children's museum and the boys love it! They could play at this for hours - and soak themselves in water in the process :)

Learning about musical instruments - you pushed a button on each instrument and it played for you - my boys also LOVE anything musical
John-Mark cuttin' a rug :)
Nothing like a little ride on a cow :)
Gracie was with us but she slept through this part of the trip. Here she is in one of the new play outfits that mom-mom made her - My mom is an amazing seamstress and I've never cared much about learning but now that I have this sweet baby girl I want to learn how to make her all the cute things I see at all the little boutiques but don't want to spend her college fund on :) I actually made her two dresses this weekend that are super cute - I'm adding some finishing touches then I'll post pics :)

No comments: