.

Saturday, April 3, 2010

A Easter Egg Hunting we will go!

Yesterday we had a little Easter Egg Hunt with our play group. When I gave the boys their Easter "buckets" that morning they were super excited and promptly put them on their heads and started running around the house :) One of our friends brought a couple baby ducks for the kids to play with. My boys loved "looking" at the ducks but when we tried to let them hold them they both jumped up and away from the ducks! John-Mark was VERY interested in investigating the ducks but he didn't want to actually touch them. We cracked up at their reactions whenever we tried to hand them one.
The egg hunt was fun. They weren't really "hidden", just kind of laying in the grass and the kiddos filled their baskets with them. Most of them had stickers or some treat in them so most of the boys just ran around opening all the eggs and taking the stickers out and running to the next egg. Gracie had a great time as well hanging out in her stroller and watching everyone running around.
Later that night we dyed Easter eggs for the first time - it went much better than I expected. James loved taking the eggs out of the dye and putting them back in. We ate two eggs as we were dying because John-Mark cracked them pretty bad - but they enjoyed eating the eggs as well. They had never had boiled eggs before so it's good to know they like them :)
Tonight I'm planning on making resurrection cookies with James - it's a neat recipe someone passed along to me and you explain what Jesus did for us as you make the recipe, then you put them in the oven and tape the door shut and come back and get them in the morning and they are hollow in the middle to represent the empty tomb. I don't know how much James will understand this year, probably more than I expect him to, he always surprises me that way. I want to make sure he is beginning to understand that Easter isn't just about eggs! Having not grown up in a Christian home I'm sometimes not sure how to handle these Christian/worldly holidays (if that makes sense). I pray that my babies will grow to know Jesus as they see us grow to know Him more everyday and I also want them to understand the true meanings of these holidays as best they can at the ages they are -
Here's some pictures of our day:







No comments: