.

Friday, April 9, 2010

Gracie Girl is 5 months old!

She looks as surprised as I am! I can't believe she's really 5 months! And check out the bow! I finally broke down and bought her the little bow headband -it's cuter than I thought it would be :)
It feels like Gracie has changed more this past month than she did the entire first three months of her life! I have to laugh at myself - the Lord has shown me over and over that worrying about something is so pointless yet I continue to let myself get lost in my worries. When Gracie was a newborn she didn't really start reacting to me and smiling until she was 8 or 10 weeks old while the boys were more like 6/7 week smilers - so I worried. She rarely made eye contact - so much so that I would try to get right in her face and follow where her eyes went to make her look at me and she would look away! - so I worried. I had always heard that girls are way more eye contact, face to face babies - so I worried. Here's where I laugh - she is now such a face to face baby. She loves to have your eyes locked with hers and your focused attention. You are always sure to get a smile out of her if you lock eyes with her. She loves to goo and giggle when you talk to her. I could talk and entertain her for hours - when she starts laughing I get so tickled which just makes her laugh more - we are having so much fun with her! She has become so vocal - she is also in the "rasberry blowing" stage -
She continues to be such a sweet baby. She loves to be in the middle of her brothers so she can see everything they are doing. She gets upset when they walk out of the room and she can't see them anymore. She is dying to be able to sit up on her own. Whenever I put her in her bouncy seat or any reclined position she strains sooo hard to pull her neck up so she can sit up. She loves to be outside and go for walks in her stroller - lucky for her because we're outside alot!
The biggest thing that makes her seem so much older to me is that she is no longer sleeping in her swaddle! We are swaddlers here at the Allen house and our babies always sleep so well all swaddled up but she was obviously ready to move on because every morning I was finding her totally out of it! I was a little scared that she wouldn't sleep as well without it but she's doing great. She's sleeping in a sleep sack now at night and she's taking her last bottle at 7, then we play for an hour or so and put her to bed. She totally goes right to sleep and she's been sleeping until 7 or later in the morning. She doesn't even fuss in the morning at all. I usually go in to check on her and she's wide awake just looking at her mobile and when she sees me I get that big grin - LOVE IT!!
Oh those crazy brothers!
Gracie helping mommy do the dishes - like I said, as long as she's in the middle of whatever is going on she's happy as can be.
Oh Gracie Belle - we love you so much and are so thankful God chose you to be in our family! What did we do without you!?!
I'm not sure how much she weighs but she's 25" long. Wearing 6-9 month clothes for the most part. They are a little big through the middle but they are long enough for her. I don't think she's abnormally long or anything but a lot of her 6 month jumpers are short on her. It feels like she was so tiny at birth and then moved to 3 month clothes and stayed in those for months and then she totally passed 6 months and went straight to 6-9 mo clothes - that's why I have a hard time buying clothes too far in advance. She has started rolling over from her back to her tummy on occasion. Not often but I have found her on her tummy a couple of mornings when I laid her down on her back the night before.

No comments: