.

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Pics from the week

Here is my strong boy John-Mark - he's been doing this since birth almost! My mom thinks one of the reasons he gets fussy sometimes is because he's frustrated he can't walk yet!:) I thought since James is so wild that my second baby was going to be my "chill" baby - guess I don't get one! He and James will be wrestling around before I know it!!
Look how big he's getting already! He's over 10 pounds now. Thank you for all your prayers concerning his tummy - I really think he's getting better. We haven't had any major melt downs in a couple of days. He is still spitting up and gassy some so keep those prayers a comin'! The greatest news of all is what a great night time sleeper he is. Last night I fed him at 10, put him down at 10:30 and he slept until 4 am and then went back down until almost 7:30. That was just icing on the cake because he usually goes until 3 am which is awesome in itself so that extra hour of sleep was wonderful! We'll see if it was a one timer or if it continues!
;So, James has taken an interest in using utensils. I've always let him play with his spoons when he wasn't eating because I heard that was good for them to get used to holding them or something - but actually using them to eat I thought would be a ways off. I don't really like the messier parts of motherhood so anything I can do to avoid a big mess I will do. I had friend who let her one year old feed himself applesauce and I thought she was crazy! Anyhoo - I gave James a fork the other day and he did pretty good with it - I had to help him stab the carrots but he had no problem getting them in his mouth! It will still be a while before we tackle applesauce!
The hands are still the best for a quick bite!
This is our mouth is full grin-
New favorite toy- The Ladle - my little chef-boy-r-d. We do watch a lot of The Food Network in the afternoons!

Oh, a new seat for James!
Also, I forgot to put James one year check-up info on the last blog. He's now 22 pounds and 30 1/2 inches long, the 50 and 75th percentile. As much as eats I thought he would weigh more but now that he's walking I guess he burns a lot more calories -
I also forgot to mention that I took both boys, all by myself to the pediatrician - got them undressed and everything! Then I took them both to Wal-Mart! I think I may have super powers!! :)

1 comment:

annieck said...

John-Mark is getting SO big!!! I am thrilled for you guys that he is such a great sleeper. What a blessing!
And James, oh my goodness, what a doll! He is too cute!

I'm with you on the mess stuff, though. I have a hard time letting go and letting Asher feed himself. I can't stand the mess. I would much rather do it myself. I think I have control issues. :)