.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Miracle Blanket!!

I just had to post about this new blanket I got and that has truly been a miracle in our house! It's called the Miracle Blanket and it's a swaddle blanket but it has two extra pieces of material inside the blanket that you wrap the babies arms in so they can't get out. John-Mark was IMPOSSIBLE to keep in a swaddle - he can honestly break out of one in less than 5 minutes which makes it hard for him to stay asleep because he wakes himself up with his arm jerking so someone suggested I try this blanket - and it works!! Middle of the night feedings have been a struggle because it was so hard to get him to go back down to sleep but now I can feed him, burp him, change him, swaddle, and back down he goes for another 3 to 4 hours!! I'm actually getting two good 3 to 4 hour stints of sleep a night and he's also sleeping better during the day. I don't swaddle him during the day but he still is getting much better nap times! I've always heard that the better babies sleep, the more they sleep and that appears to be true with John-Mark. So, if you or anyone you know has an impossible to swaddle newborn, this blanket will do the trick!!

1 comment:

annieck said...

Wow. I've never heard of that. I'll definitely have to get that if/when we have another. Both my boys loved being swaddled, so I'm a HUGE fan. Anything that can make that easier is great in my book!
Thanks for the rec!