.

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Another week down!

We made it through our first week with no extra help and just me and the boys all day! We had some good days and some not so good days but we're getting into the hang of things. James is really doing pretty well considering he's only one and he doesn't really understand what is going on. For the most part he's fine when I'm holding John-Mark as long as I don't leave the room, then the wining starts as he follows me all over the house! He's pretty good at playing by himself but he just doesn't like being the only one in a room. I'm really working on trying to get them on opposite schedules right now so that when James is sleeping I can focus on John-Mark and vice-versa - some days that goes as planned, some days not :)
John-Mark is a very alert baby. When he's awake he just looks around with those big blue eyes taking everything in. James has recently learned to say "eye" and likes to poke you in the eye as he tells you so I have to be careful when he wants to show John-Mark his eye! But John-Mark seems pretty interested in James. It's funny that neither one of them really cries when the other one is crying - they both just kind of look at each other if one is crying like "what's the problem!". Ofcourse that could be because the one that isn't crying is usually the one being held so they are perfectly content!
On Wednesday of this week we had a pretty good day - both boys took good morning naps- and the weather was beautiful so I decided to take them to the park. This was my first venture out of the house, alone, with both of them. I was so proud of myself! John-Mark loves the car seat so he did great in the stroller and now that James is walking he was able to adventure all over the park! We had a great time and I'm excited for the weather to cool down so that we can go more often. I'm so glad I found something we can do to get us all out of the house!!
Here are some pics from the week - they are mostly of James since he is so active and is always doing something to crack me up and get the camera flashing. Most of the pics we take of John-Mark are those sweet sleepy baby pictures right now. I'll post more of him soon - he's already starting to look different from when he was born!

John-Mark - awake and alert!
We usually get as much water on our shirt as we do in our mouths!
The new game is to climb into anything that he can fit in to!
Doing a little vacuuming - sometimes he pushes it, sometimes he drags it all over the house!

Roll Tide!!

1 comment:

Stephanie Drew said...

i think john mark is looking like you! and, wow, he's really grown! they will be such good friends...and there will come a time when you want them on the same napping schedule - i promise! :)