.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

1 is so much fun!!

I can't believe John-Mark is almost one month and James is almost 13 months! I often find myself referring to John-Mark as the baby to James as if he's a big boy now, but he's still a baby too! It is truly amazing how much he has grown and developed in just one year - I have an interesting perspective on this since I can look at John-Mark and think, this is where James was a year ago and look at James and think, this is where John-Mark will be in a year!
Anyway, 1 truly is so much fun! Everyday James does something to crack me up and I want to call my mom and Jeremy and say, "listen to what James just did!"
A few of my favorite things he has done lately -
--James LOVES to dance!!No matter what he's doing, if you play music or start singing or if he hears a song on a tv commercial he starts bouncing at his knees, twisting his waist, and moving his arms. He's recently added spinning to his moves. And he knows he's cute because every time he starts dancing he looks at you with this "look how cute I am" grin!
--Yesterday I went into his room with him and he picked up one of John-Mark's diapers (not used) and took it over to the diaper champ and put it in - he thought he was so funny and I did too - and ofcourse a genius!
--James loves to walk over to John-Mark while I'm holding him and gently rub is head - so sweet! We never taught him this but it's like he knows to be gentle with him.
--Kisses! James loves to give you big wet kisses. He's been kissing us for a while but he's gotten way more affectionate with us - I think this may have started when John-Mark arrived!
--James loves to play chase - he wants me to chase him all the time and the sound of him giggling as he stomps around the house is the best sound in the world!!!
--Walking outside - now that James is walking he loves the freedom of being able to go outside and walk around on his own and explore - I just have to watch closely what he picks up and make sure it doesn't go in his mouth!!
--Sitting in everything that will hold him - James is constantly climbing into boxes or laundry baskets, even trying to fit into kitchen bowls!!
I hope this gives those of you who don't get to see him very much a good look at what is going on with him. I tried to get some pics of him doing some of these things for your enjoyment - I've also added some new pics of John-Mark too :
Sitting in one of his toy bins -
"Look how funny I am mom!"

"look mom, I can fit in the pasta strainer bowl!"

We keep John-Mark's swing blocked off by the couches so James can't get to him but James loves to go and check him out - when he's playing he gets up every now and again and goes and checks on him - so sweet!Right now the only time we really get a smile out of John-Mark is when he's sleeping and I was able to catch a little of one today!
Look at that sweet baby face!!


2 comments:

Stephanie Drew said...

these are too cute! and, i love that you 'rope off' the swing. i laughed thinking of james trying to get to him!

JJ said...

so sweet! we can't wait to see ya'll soon!