.

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Birthday Party!

We just had a small family party for Gracie's 1st. I decided to do a little "princess tea party" for our princess. Who knows if she'll ever want something like this when she's older and since this was my first party for baby girl I had the liberty to do something girl-y and I had fun! I pulled out our china and made chicken salad croissants and had fancy cupcakes! Baby girl had a great time with everyone here and loved enjoying cake for the first time (as I've stated before - this girl LOVES to eat and cake was no exception!) Here are some pics from her party:
The day before the party we had to try on her birthday hat and James wanted a picture - anytime they are doing something cute he tells me "mommy, take a picture!"

I found out a couple days before her birthday that the lady who made our wedding cake has opened a bakery in town (Dreamcakes) - I have been craving our wedding cake for almost 7 years so I was super excited!! I splurged and went and got an assortment of cupcakes for the big day! They all were yummy but I think her wedding cake is by far my favorite (which she makes in a cupcake as well - YUMMY!!)
The birthday girl getting ready to dig in!
Making quick work of that cupcake!
All done mommy!
I think the boys were more excited than Gracie to see what she got for her birthday - she had lots of help opening her gifts :)
Going to check out the little tea set Mom-mom and Papa Steve got her. When you tip the tea kettle over it makes a sound like it's pouring out - Gracie always looks in the cup and then up at me, like "where is it!?!"
I was so excited to get Gracie a baby doll for her birthday. She has a little plush doll that my mom got her last Christmas and she loves her so I knew she would love a more real looking baby - she loves to love her baby and hug and kiss her! I love having a GIRL!!!
She loves to put the paci in her mouth - such a little mommy :)
The best family shot we could get!
Gracie with my mom and Pap Steve
I must add that the boys love her new toys maybe more than she does! They are constantly pouring the tea and feeding it to "baby". James likes to tell me he's taking the baby to school and carry her off on one of his riding toys. It's really quite sweet to see them "mimicking" me and being a good little care giver to the baby - we just may need to get a couple more if Gracie ever wants to be able to play with her!
Seriously, wasn't this just yesterday!

2 comments:

Laura Gail said...

First of all, I'm a little upset because I wasn't invited to this tea party because I do love a good tea party! But second of all, I'm upset b/c I didn't get to partake in all the wedding cake cupcake goodness! Those are my favorite!!!!!

The Latham Family said...

SO precious! You were so smart to think of a tea party for Gracie! Let's go get cupcakes one day sans kids...the picture made my mouth water!! The pictures of your sweet family were the best, though! :)