.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Gracie Belle is 3 months; Bubba and Peanut :)

Unbelievably to me Gracie is 3 months old today! Wow - I feel like I just had her. She continues to be her sweet little self. I feel like I don't do nearly as much with her as I did with James and even John-Mark - she still hangs out in her bouncy seat a lot of the day. She sits in her bumbo throughout the day as well but she gets tired of that after about 5 minutes or so. Her head control has gotten really good but she's still not ready for the exersaucer or bouncy seat. I tried to bring the activity mat out for her to explore but the boys drove me crazy trying to get under it with her and tripping on her so I just put it away. I think about all these toys and things we have for little babies now - what did our moms do to keep us entertained!?! Thinking about that makes me realize she'll be okay if she's not able to do a circuit of activities a day :)
She loves to stick that tongue out!

Saturday night we went to a birthday party at The Jump Zone - I wasn't sure how the boys would do - on halloween we went to a fall festival with bouncy houses and they would only do the ones you jump in - none of the climbing ones. Well, boy have they come a long way since then. They climbed ALL over that place! John-Mark was the funniest to me. The party was for a 5 year old so my boys were obviously the smallest ones out there and John-Mark looked tiny compared to all the other kids but he went straight up to things and started climbing up. They had one of those big slides - probably about 25 ft up and then a fast slide down - no fear these boys have - both of them probably slid about 50x each! I totally forget my camera but we will have to go back there again soon - it actually wore them out and even John-Mark slept in the next day! Let me say how much I love watching my boys play together (and Gracie soon enough). They are by no means shy boys but I love that they always have each other to turn to if they need to. Having been an only child I missed not having a brother or sister a lot. They were pretty independent and on their own at this party but every now and then I would see them look around for each other or go check out what the other was doing and play together for a bit.
Both boys have had a cold this week - just coughs and runny noses but I'm ready to be totally healthy again! Thankfully Gracie hasn't gotten it so far. John-Mark has started telling or asking us if we're "ok?" whenever he or we cough or sneeze - so cute - it feels like just yesterday James was doing that. He's also started telling us he loves us - this is something he is most definitely doing sooner than James - I love it!
What's the deal with Bubba and peanut? Well, somehow those have become the boys nicknames from Jeremy and James has caught on to it. If you ask him "what does daddy call you, John-Mark and Gracie?" He'll tell you "Bubba, Peanut, and Gracie-Belle". When Jeremy comes home from work or gets up in the morning a lot of times James will run to him and say "hey bubba!" before Jeremy can say it and then he'll turn to John-Mark and say "hey peanut!" He's so stinkin' cute!
Not sure how much John-Mark was helping Daddy fix the sink but he sure was enjoying it!
While we're potty training James runs around the house a lot in a shirt, big boy underwear and his socks - I cracked up when I saw him sitting like this wathcing Sesame Street and had to grab a pick :)

No comments: