James loves to hold her and every time he does he tells me "picture mommy, cheese" - do you think he's had a few pics taken of him in his short life :)
John-Mark is getting so big and has been talking up a storm - I feel like he's talking a lot more than James was at this age but I could be crazy. What he's saying most - "hold you, please, tank you, goldie (our dog), mo (milk), beau and zach (2 friends), and mommy and daddy of course. He also calls James bubba. It seems like everyday he's saying something new.
James is also talking much more clearly and in more complete sentences. A couple of days ago they were staying with their Papa and John-Mark hit him with a play phone in the head and James looked up and said "do I have a bruise?" - too funny. He answers me very directly on everything I ask him - "James, what is John-Mark doing", "eating dirt" - oh, ok, sure enough, he's eating dirt. He'll ask me something and if I tell him no he'll say "how about ..." -cracks me up because this is what I do "james, do you want to color? no, how about paint..." He's also playing pretend a lot more. He tells me all the time "bye mommy, see ya' yater - going to the store to get more nanna's - hugs and kisses" then he hops on one of his cars and heads to the store. Speaking of banana's sometimes I think I'm raising monkeys around here - I can't keep bananas in the house. I'm seriously at the store twice a week to get more!
Potty training is coming along - we're just doing a couple hours a day in his big boy underwear and he's starting to tell me when he has to go - sometimes not quite in time but we're making progress. I know lots of people do that whole 3 day potty training bootcamp and get it done but that's just not going to work for us. It's probably going to take us several weeks or months to get there but we'll get there. John-Mark is also starting to run to the bathroom door and yell "potty" and I'll let him sit on the potty - he's not ready yet but I hopeful that they'll both be done by their 2nd and 3rd birthdays! Oh the money we'll save in diapers! Now if I can just get Gracie trained by her 1st birthday - ha! just kidding!
Here are some pics of my sweet babies!
Chillin' out in Mommy & Daddy's bed






No comments:
Post a Comment