.

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

1 and 2 year Stats

Over the past week the boys had their one and two year check-ups. This was the first time James was weighed on a real stand up scale (snif) and this is the last time they will measure his height by laying him on the table and drawing a line at the top of his head and the bottom of his feet (snif) - from now on it's all big boy measuring standing up :)
Here's where they stand:
James weighs 28 1/2 lbs and is 34 3/4" long - both in the 55th percentile
John-Mark weighs 21 lbs 15 oz and is 29 1/2" long - the 34th and 38th percentile
John-Mark continues to be about a half a pound behind where James was at the same age and I don't really understand how all this "percentile" stuff works out.
I also don't understand what the whole "head circ" is really telling me but interestingly James and John-Mark are almost the same with James at 18 3/4" (20%) and John-Mark at 18 1/4" (47%). Strange.

Well, it seems summer is pretty much officially over and we're kicking off football season this weekend - woo hoo! I'm excited to get to take James to an Alabama game this year - I think he will LOVE it. He's also going to get to be a Blazer with his daddy - he can decide which he likes better :) We're getting ready to start our fall small groups through church and I am excited to have most of our mornings filled with play groups, mom groups, and library days. I'm trying to get us out and about as much as possible before our new little one arrives - I fear we may be home bound for a bit - but I'm sure I'll figure out a way to be out and about with three before you know it! Speaking of #3 - still feeling really good - very pregnant - sleeping with 4 pillows now and taking up most of the bed :) I'm almost 30 weeks which seems crazy to me. Sometimes it feels like he/she will be here so soon and some days (like when I'm laying in bed, unable to sleep from heartburn and can't find a comfortable position:) it seems like I have a long way to go. But I know I'm on the downhill count now. I wonder if this will be our last baby and try to savor little moments of being pregnant not knowing if I will ever feel the kicks of little feet inside me again. Not sure how I feel about that.
Anyhoo - here are some fun pics from the week:
As promised pics of my little helper putting away the silverwareHere is what happens when you climb up on the table and begin to push away from the window - he started in a standing position and ended up like this - not too happy either - and this is why mommy says not to stand on the table :)Things were a little too quiet yesterday while I was cleaning up the kitchen and this is what I found - both boys in John-Mark's closet playing in the pumpkin seat - I tell you what - we sure have gotten our money out of that car seat - between using it for babies in the car and as a "toy chair" for the older ones:)Lastly, Jeremy's mom and husband came for a visit this past weekend (Nanna). James hasn't seen her since he was about 4 months old and this was John-Mark's first meeting but they both obviously knew who she was and loved her. I didn't do a very good job at taking pictures but we got this sweet one during dinner when James kept leaning over to love on his Nanna - sweet - hopefully it won't be so long between visits :)

1 comment:

The Latham Family said...

I love your boys! They are so cute, and it makes me smile that they play together so much!