.

Saturday, September 26, 2009

One rough week!

I honestly think this past week has been the toughest of my little over two years of motherhood I have experience so far. It started Sunday with James being pretty cranky and disobedient most of the day. Then on Monday it got MUCH worse and he started crying all of the sudden out of the blue and putting his whole hand in his mouth - hmm, this must be the two year molars we've been waiting on. James was always a pretty easy teether up to this point and never had any problem sleeping through his teething - this time was not that way. Monday and Tuesday he was miserable all day long and just sat around and watched Curious George. Then the nights got worse. He was only able to sleep about an hour to an hour and a half at a time before he would wake up moaning in pain. Then Tuesday afternoon John-Mark woke up with a fever - ugh! My first thought was that he was teething as well because he had a new tooth come in last week and he was drooling like crazy. Wednesday both of them were miserable. John-Mark was crying and crying and crying and James was right there with him. Thursday morning after seeing a few sores on John-Mark's feet and in his mouth we realized that he had hand, foot and mouth disease - more ugh! James was starting to do a little better and getting his appetite back but John-Mark was really just getting in to the worst of it. Thankfully his night time sleeping was never interrupted but boy has he been ill as a hornet during the day. My boys have been really pretty healthy so far and this is really the worst we have experienced of two sickly boys. What am I going to do when we have 3! Spending day after day with almost constant crying/whining/screaming from one or both of them was almost more than I could handle - poor Jeremy hasn't been coming home to a very peaceful home or sweet wife :) I kept thanking thank God I still have a few months before the new baby is here - if I had had a newborn this week I really may have lost it! James seems to be back to his old self and we're praying he doesn't get the same virus John-Mark has - which will be a miracle because it is highly contagious among children - so far he's been in the clear. John-Mark is still struggling - his mouth is full of sores - Yesterday when I was at my whits end I loaded the boys up in the car and headed to Arby's to get milkshakes for everyone - I think they made us all feel better for a bit :) I pray the worst of this is over with and we can get back to normal next week. Please God don't let James get it!
I put the boys in their paint smocks to drink their shakes with as little mess as possible :)
Mmm, Mmm, Good!

2 comments:

JJ said...

Hey Michelle! I'm so sorry to hear the boys have been sick. I can't imagine your week but I am glad they are getting better! I need some other moms here to share with. Miss you!

The Latham Family said...

Yuck-o! Those boys are lucky to have such a sweet mommy who takes great care of them! Saying prayers for a MUCH better week!