-James vocabulary is really starting to expand. I've just realized in the last couple of weeks that he's actually saying 3 and 4 word sentences instead of just one word at a time. Two of his most common things to say are "mommy, daddy, or john-mark where are you" as he walks through the house looking for us and "I got/get it" when we play games together. He also is repeating EVERYTHING now which is fun to hear how he pronounces so many new words. He also is starting to memorize all the books we read and he will start telling me what is on the page before I even start reading it.
- John-Mark is also starting to talk more - his most common words are momma, dadda, and nanna (banana). He is also walking everywhere and even trying to run - he wants to be able to catch his big brother soooo badly! Soon enough :)
-When Nanna was here a couple of weeks ago she made a cake for us so now whenever James eats cake he asks Nanna? - like, is this a Nanna cake - she'll be happy to know that he associates her and cakes - something she loves to make!! I have a feeling he'll have no problem getting cake whenever he wants it from her :)
- The biggest news for me this week has been the move to having them sleep in a room together. We started this two nights ago and so far it has been great. We are able to lay them both down when they are awake and they go right to sleep without bothering each other and they are waking up around 6:30/7 like usual. The first night James cried out once in the night and I went to check on him and get him tucked back in and John-Mark woke up but didn't cry or anything and went right back to sleep. This is SUCH a relief for me - I have so worried that this would be much harder. Of course I know there will be tougher nights but the fact that it has gone so seamless so far is super encouraging. James has been very good about not getting out of his bed until I come and get him in the morning but when I walk in the room it is so sweet because they are both sitting up in their beds waiting for me and the first thing James does is jump out of his bed and run over to tell John-Mark good morning.
I haven't tried having them take their naps together yet - we'll work on that later. But I'm starting to feel like we're really ready for baby #3 to join in the fun now that we have this sleeping transition under way.
With all this cooler weather I was able to pull out the blue jeans last week - there is nothing cuter to me than a little boy in blue jeans - or overalls - LOVE THEM!! I mean, how adorable is this little man walking around in his blue jeans and big boy shoes?!
Last weekend Jeremy was hoping to take James to the first UAB game of the season but the weather was terrible - but I had him ready to go in his UAB gear just in case. Ofcourse he's not wearing any pants - I don't know what it is about us and pants around this place - we spend most of our days in just a shirt and a diaper! He found this hat and was having fun putting it on and snapping the strap together.
Both my boys love anything that has to do with water - John-Mark's favorite thing to do is sneak down into our master bathroom and turn on the tub and stand there and let his hands run under the water. They both love bath time and John-Mark especially loves it when I put him in the kithen sink because he can play with the shower like faucet. 

No comments:
Post a Comment