For the past week I have tried every day to put John-Mark in his new shoes to which I was met with the same result as my previous post - utter melt downs! I had kind of just given up for now, thinking he'd come around eventually. Then yesterday as we were getting ready to leave the house James went over to the shoe bin and got out John-Mark's shoes and took them over to him to put them on. I watched as John-Mark sat down with a big grin on his face from getting so much of brother's attention and let him try to put his shoes on him! Too sweet! I let them work together for a minute and then came in to help - hoping I didn't mess up the "happy shoe vibe" James had started :) He let us put them on him then James showed him how he had blue shoes on too and that made him grin even bigger - he really thought he was a big boy now. But the true test was would he walk in them - and walk he did! So now I know my secret weapon to get John-Mark on board - James!!

"Here John-Mark, let me help"

Checking out the shoes - not so upset this time

And there's my happy walker again!!


Yesterday I went to my first consignment sale of the season and picked up another red chair for John-Mark. They were beginning to fight over the one. Ofcourse, they still want to be in whatever chair the other is in so having two doesn't solve everything but how cute are they!
2 comments:
That is the sweetest thing ever! How nice that James can nudge John Mark along for you when you can't him to do what you want! That's one of the many nice things about having them so close together! Precious boys!
That's hilarious! Maybe when John-Mark doesn't want to eat veggies, James can get him to do that too. Hopefully that will work with Lawson and Judah too. We need one of those types of chairs too. I just don't know where we'd put it. We are running out of room in our house!
Post a Comment