.

Sunday, August 2, 2009

The word on the street is SHARING!!

For those of you that are not daily Sesame Street watchers - each day they start the show telling you what the word on the street is, what it means, and then they focus on that word throughout the rest of the show. Well, the word on the street at our house pretty much every day is "Sharing!" James is pretty good about sharing with his little brother though he has to be constantly reminded to do so, but once gently reminded he usually obliges :)
However, this past week there were several instances that I "caught" him sharing with John-Mark without any guidance from me - warms my heart! I snagged some pics because it was sooo sweet!
James turn to play the drum
Now John-Mark's turn
Now we'll play together - SHARING!
This is soo much fun!James sharing his water with his little brother - totally on his own!

Also, I was one proud mommy this week when, finally, after we have been playing color games for ever it seems like, James finally picked up different colored balls and named them for me! Since we don't do any sort of mother's day out or anything I sometimes feel a lot of pressure to make sure James is "learning" everything he needs to. I know that everything we do is a learning experience at this age and I am constantly looking for fun new ways to introduce colors, numbers, shapes, etc. with him - sometimes he likes my "games", sometimes he "adjusts" them - which is fine - I know he's learning as long as we're having fun together even if he isn't like one of those kids on tv that knows all the states and capitals by 2 - I'm just thrilled we got some colors down! We are working on numbers and the alphabet as well which are slow going. He hums the alphabet song with me but doesn't say any letters yet and on the numbers front we still love the number 2 and will add 5, 6, 9, and 10 in the mix sometimes.
Oh - and another proud moment - a silly one but James has learned how to blow his nose! I know that is silly but when they don't know how to do it it is awful! Oh, the things that make my day right now :)

1 comment:

The Latham Family said...

Smart boy (and sweet!)! It will all come...when you stay home, it seems like such a slow process, but all of the learning stuff happens in its own time. Good thing your boys have such a wonderful mommy!