.

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Summer Part 3

Oh, this girl!! She is a mess and LOVES to talk so much that I have to institute "no talking" minutes just to get her to take a break - poor thing is just like her momma - oh, and did I say proud - she gets that from me too - but she's also SO MUCH FUN!! Every where she goes she makes friends - probably because she has no problem holding a conversation on her own :) She and I like to go on little DQ dates without the boys sometime :)
 
Digging for dinosaur bones - a future paleontologist? Starting this fall we are putting G in a pre-k program 3 days a week. She will be the first to go to any sort of program away from home but I think she will love it. Sister is sooo smart and would love to do school with us but it takes lots of patience and time to teach two boys how to read and write and I need to focus on them right now. She'll be back home with us full time next year to start kindergarten but I think she will love getting to be with more girls and getting some special attention while we're home learning addition :)
 
This summer James and John-Mark both got to attend our churches VBS - Summer Blast. This was James' second year to go so he was pumping John-Mark up about how "awesome" it was and how they watch movies and eat lots of fun snacks - I think they learn about Jesus some too :)
John-Mark holding his groups sign. This years theme was super hero's which was perfect for my boys - we are all about super hero's right now.
 
 This is what it looked like when I came to pick up the kids everyday. They would end the day with corporate worship and some of the kids would run to the front. Can you guess where my kids were? James was in this crowd and JM was sitting in his seat watching everyone. So their personalities. James loves to be where the action is always and JM is totally content to sit back and watch and join in if and when he feels like it. He's not shy at all - just not swayed by what every one else is doing :)
At the end of the week we had a family worship night to celebrate all God had done in the kids life. J and I took all 5 kids!! I joked with our pastor about how our family now takes up our own side row!!
The rooster couldn't hang - going all day with no rest time 3 days in a row and staying up past 8pm proved to be too much for him. Nothing like enjoying a little rest after worshipping Jesus :)

John-Mark and his mini-me - another fish!
David is officially no longer hanging out in the pumpkin seat while we are out and about. Even if he's tired he won't sleep very long once we get out of the car and he hears things going on around him. He's loving sitting like a big boy in the double stroller :)
 
Most mornings he usually does fall asleep in the car on the way home from the gym and then I put him in his bed and let him finish his morning nap. Look.how.big.he.is!! He's about to out grow this seat and move to a forward facing big boy car seat!!! I love those sweet sleepy, kissy lips!!
He's also now feeding himself most bottles. He just won't sit still when we try to hold him and he's constantly trying to turn 180' in our laps!! I usually don't allow feet on the table while eating but for that cute foot I had to make and exception :)
This year we celebrated with Chick-fil-A again and dressed up like little cows to get free lunch. All 5 were dressed up but Ben was TERRIFIED of the cow and would never have taken a pic with him! Of course the older three were talking.his.ears.off!! John-Mark repeatedly told him, "I know you're not real - you're just a man in a costume" :)
Super Daddy with all his water babies :)
5 sleepy babies in a van :)
This last month we finally moved David from our closet to his crib in the room with Ben at night. He's still napping in our closet because it's just so quiet back there during the day! They LOVE being in the room together at night. They both sleep like rocks at night and then wake up and talk, talk, talk to each other in the morning. I remember how much John-Mark would yell as soon as he woke up wanting us to come and get him but totally stopped doing that when we moved he and James in the room together. These boys are the same way! I never hear them fuss but when I walk by the door and can hear them "chatting" away. Ben loves to tell me, "babeee" and point to David every morning when I come to get them :)
This boy is the best big brother ever!! He is such a great helper with the kids and loves them to death!! This picture was taken one night while I was trying to get dinner ready and David was under my feet so James came over to entertain him while I finished up. Seriously, how did I raise him with with out him helping me! He's also a great helper with the kids in the car!
Sad baby boy teething :(
There's our happy boy again :)
Benjamin is becoming such a big boy. He pretty much demands a fork at every meal - and he does pretty good with one too!
Happy boy at 10 months!! So, I must report that it appears his first word is dada. Or, really, dadadadadadadadada :) I guess J can have 1 out of 5 :)
 

No comments: