.

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Happy 6th Birthday James!!




It seriously is mind boggling for me to think that this time 6 short years ago I was meeting this sweet face for the first time!
This amazing boy that made me a momma for the first time!


 
This morning we did our regular birthday traditions of singing Happy Birthday to James in bed - which they love and wait in bed until we come in :) This year we added a new tradition of telling him a list of things we love about him and then let John-Mark and Gracie share something they love about him as well. Then he opened his presents (a laser gun set for he and JM and new "stick" shirts :). James requested chocolate chip pancakes for his birthday breakfast which of course I obliged. Then Jeremy surprised him by taking him to Atlanta for a Braves game with tickets in a suite (all he could eat) and then moved down to some awesome seats almost behind home plate! Heaven for this boy :)

 9 months
 2 years - first Bama game with momma (7 months pregnant with Gracie :)
 3 years old!
4 years old 
5 years old

Dear James -
I can't believe you are 6 years old today!! It has been one of the best gifts ever to get to be your mommy and watch you grow in to such an awesome boy!! Here are a few of the things that I love so much about you!!
- I love how much you love to be with your friends and how you are such a thoughtful, kind, and generous friend.
- I love when we go on special mommy/James dates and you hold my hand :)
- I love how you are such a good helper and always willing to help take care of your brothers and sister.
- I love how you are always paying attention to what is going on and ask the best questions!
- I love how you are so interested in people's story of how they met Jesus.
- I love how you can always make everyone laugh.
- I love how you make up songs and sing and play the guitar for me.
- I love how you will be silly and lead a dance party in the car!
- I love how you will let me kiss your face 1,000x and then you will do it back to me :)
- I love to watch you do what you love - play baseball :)
- I love that you plan special family fun nights.
- I love that when you see pretty flowers/weeds growing in our yard you always pick me some :)
There are many, many, many more reasons that I absolutely adore you! I pray that you always know how much you are loved and how the Lord perfectly placed you in this family - as the first born, big brother, leader of the crew :) Your daddy and I are so proud of you!! Happy Birthday sweet boy!!

 
This morning after we all told him some of the things we love about him he was so cute and followed up by telling each of us something he loved about us :) AND that is our James :)
When Jeremy told him he was taking him on a special birthday trip he asked if he could take a toy for the car ride. I was kind of surprised because he really isn't a toy kid and I couldn't imagine what he would want to take to play with. Then he asked if he could take his brother :) He always prefers to be with people over having stuff :) Love him!!


No comments: