.

Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Beach 2010

This past week we were blessed by being able to spend an entire week at the beach with Jeremy's mom and husband (Nanna and Papa Rich). This is the first time we've taken a full weeks vacation in several years and it was much needed. It was also very nice to be able to stay with family and have extra hands to help with the babies, not to mention Jeremy's mom is an amazing cook and we ate like kings the entire trip! This was the longest amount of time the kids have got to spend with them and they are in love! Between Nanna cooking them treats anytime they asked and Papa Rich playing and swimming with them (they also got them hooked on watching Monster Truck racing - what boy wouldn't love that!) they have asked to see them every day since we returned. Gracie also was quite smitten and loved sitting in Papa Rich's rocking chair with him while drinking her bottles. Family truly is a blessing.
I didn't take nearly as many pictures as I should have but it's getting harder and harder to have the camera ready with each additional child :) Here are a few of the favorites that I took - I need to get the rest from Nanna and Papa Rich and I'll post them.
Daddy and his boys - we only took about 20 pics to try and get everyone smiling and looking my way -
Precious - John-Mark and Daddy - I have a similar pic of James like this walking down our drive with Jeremy - another framer :)
John-Mark wasn't too crazy about the ocean at first - he would run away as the water came in to shore but it only took one trip out with daddy and he was loving it - both he and James loved "riding" the waves in.
Running down the beach with Daddy - I love the skip in James' step - he was haaapppyyy!
Loving the sand. Jeremy was a little surprised they enjoyed the sand so much but considering how much they love to dig in the dirt and rocks at our house I knew they would love it.Focused
One day Jeremy was able to go out fishing with a buddy so Nanna had Gracie for the morning and the boys and I spent some time at the local Gulf World. I've never been to Sea World but they say this is similar only about a quarter of the size - but it was perfect for us. We got to touch the snakes and birds and see a sea lion show and dolphin show and touch the sting rays. The boys loved it!
The Sea lion practically came up and sat in our laps. He did a trick where he sneezed on us! The boys thought it was hysterical to be sneezed on by a Sea Lion - I wasn't as impressed :)I did a terrible job at getting pics of sisser because we usually went out swimming and such while she was napping - but she was with us too :)
I didnt' get any pics of the boys swimming in the pool which I'm so sad about. We did get some good video I may try and put up. But, let me just say - my boys are fish!! They both were jumping in and swimming without any assistance the entire time. At first James wanted his life jacket and Jeremy was pretty stern with him - all I know is that when I left to go shopping James wasn't too happy and when I returned he was jumping in and swimming across the short sides of the pool! And he's fast! He puts his head under water and starts kicking those legs and he's off!
John-Mark on the other hand showed no fear or hesitation at all. He is a master water treader. He hasn't figured out how to get his body laid out so he just keeps his eyes and noes out of the water and just kicks and doggy paddles until he gets where he wants to go. It was really quite hysterical because he rarely got anxious - he just kept on kicking. Great way to wear yourself out!
On the way home we were able to stop off and visit with my grandma - she had never met Gracie so it was special to be able to stop in and see her. She is the reason my boys are singing Jesus Loves Me today - she shared Christ with me and led me in the sinners pray when I was 13! Generations will know Jesus because of her!
We all had a great trip and can't wait to do it again!!!

I almost forgot to post our family beach picture - As you can see the one with Gracie looking at the camera and smiling the boys are not - but she looked so sweet I had to post this pic!

No comments: