.

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Today is a good day!

Today has been the kind of day I imagined everyday would be when I became a stay at home mom - we got up and I made breakfast for everyone - eggs, bacon, toast, and bananas. Everybody played with daddy a little bit before he left for work then we loaded up in the car and headed to a local park before it got too hot. Gracie napped while the boys climbed rock walls, went down the slides, did some swinging and ran around. At the ball fields next to the park a YMCA camp was playing kick ball so we walked over to the field to watch the boys play for a bit. My boys LOVE older kids and LOVE anything that involves a ball so it was too much fun for them. By then the sun was getting pretty hot so we walked over to the library (right next to the park) and enjoyed some air conditioning for a while. Gracie was up and alert and we all sat in the children's area and read books and did puzzles. Everyone was obeying and having fun! We walked through the video area and I let James pick out a Curious George movie for later. Then we headed home, made lunch and now all are down for a nap. Of course, it's only 1:15 as I type this and we have a long way to go before daddy comes home and there is threat of rain to come so that means we'll be stuck inside the rest of the day - guess we'll be watching some Curious George :) I am sooo blessed to get to spend every day with my babies - even if every day isn't what I imagined - I can't imagine being anywhere else :)
Here are some pics from the past week. I've noticed that I seem to focus on one baby at a time - one post may be full of James pics and stories and the next John-Mark. Today's pics are mostly of Gracie Belle - with her 6 month photos to come - I can't wait to see them - I think they are going to be super cute!
But first, here is my oldest being "seellie" as he says - don't you love this ensemble - -tool belt hat, no pants and crocs - love this boy!
James decided to cut daddy's hair with a knife and a spoon - while James works very seriously, John-Mark thinks the whole thing is hysterical - who cuts hair with a knife and a spoon?My cabbage patch baby- I found this hat at Old Navy and thought it was too cute - I think she looks hysterical in it - good thing I only paid $.47 for it!
Gracie is so ready to sit up and get going! She's not quite able to sit up without any help but she will be soon - and then I'm afraid she's going to be on to crawling before I know it -she's ready to get in the middle of it with these boys!No more relaxing in her bouncy seat - she sits herself fully up!She caught me trying to sneak pics of her :)See what I mean!?! Ready to go - she's about to be able to climb herself right out of her bumbo seat - she's always after something - and once she get's it she's got a grip! I can barely hold her and try and do something else with out her grabbing everything out of my hands!
"Finally I can check out the sale ads" (Don't worry Gracie Belle - mommy will teach you all the tricks :))
Lastly, enjoying a little one on one time with Papa :)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

That is the kind of day I imagined I would have as a stay at home mom too! It's nice when it does work out like that :) Gracie looks like she is ready to go! She'll be running around with those boys before you know it!