Yep - this sweet baby boy! He's been sitting on the potty for weeks trying to be like his big brother and this past week it finally clicked as to "how" to actually make it work :) He is so proud of himself and so are we - James and I clap and give him high 5's every time he goes. The first time he did it he immediately went to the underwear drawer and pulled himself out a pair to wear :) We're not in full potty training mode but he is wearing underwear for about an hour or so a day and he uses the potty every time I change his diaper. He doesn't understand that he needs to tell me he needs to go when he feels the "urge" but I know it won't take him long. Maybe he'll get the poopoo thing down faster than his big brother and help motivate him a little :)
I had to get a pic of my two big boys in their underwear. While it kind of makes me sad that we're nearing the end of diapers with these two - the thought of the money saved makes me happy again :)James has become sooo silly -he cracks me up ALL THE TIME! We call him "jawsome" every time he wears this shirt and for the longest he would yell "no, I not jawsome". Today when we said it he looked at us and said "I AM jawsome!" with this big grin - we laughed and laughed.
And along with John-Mark's potty breakthrough - look who is FINALLY starting to hold her bottle by herself. Now this is bitterweet because my baby girl is getting so big and doesn't need me to feed her but it is nice to have my hands free if I need them :)

Speaking of James being so silly - he LOVES to sing and has started making up his own songs as we run our errands - so, even though he looks 100% like his daddy - I know he's got some of me in him because I did this all the time when I was little. His songs go something like this "at the store with mommy, getting diapers...." to some random tune. I love it! He associates birthdays with party hats so he pretends all sort of things are hats and puts them on his head and sings happy birthday. Here he was singing to Goldie and put a cup on his head for his hat :)
And of course I can't end this post without saying how much we love and appreciate Jeremy and what a truly amazing man, husband, and father he is. The more we are married the more I realize how blessed I am to have him as my partner for life. I can not imagine a better match for me. The fact that he is such a wonderful father is really no surprise to anyone who knows him - James, John-Mark, and Gracie are so lucky to have him and love him very much. (I had intended to get a picture of him today with all the kids but it never happened :()Oh, and note to self - never tell your kids a secret - it's like they are physically incapable of not spilling the beans. I took them with me to pick up one of Jeremy's father's day gifts and told them not tell him and that we would give it to him for father's day. Well, last night when Jeremy gets home, he literally only had one foot in the door when James says "daddy, i go to store and get you a surprise. I got you a belt. Happy father's day!" :)
1 comment:
We'll send MC over next week for potty training boot camp. Seems like you have it down! :) The James' stories made Robbie and I laugh!
Post a Comment