.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Gracie Belle - 7 months

Our sweet girl turned 7 months yesterday and over the last couple of weeks I have begun to realize she's no longer an infant anymore :( which is good, I know she is supposed to be growing but I know that before I blink she is going to be running around here with these boys and not sitting in my lap.
What she's up to:
She still isn't sitting up without any assistance but she loves to be "assisted" and sits up as much as possible. If you try to lay her down she will strain her neck and try to pull her little self up!
She is rolling all over the place now and wants to scoot so badly. When she sees a toy she can't reach it's almost like she tries as hard as she can to will herself to it and then just starts rolling her way to it. It's only a matter of time before her body and brain get on the same page.
She is eating all kinds of babyfood and I haven't found anything she hasn't liked yet. I must confess that I'm terribly inconsistent with when I feed her - some days no baby food at all - just depends on how crazy our day gets. But thankfully she is still sleeping through the night and is a great napper as well. The more we get to see her little personality it appears she is most like her oldest brother James. She is VERY social and loves to be where all the action is. She doesn't like it when everyone leaves the room and she lets us know it. However, she does enjoy alone time in her bed. She rarely ever cries out when she wakes up from a nap and will lay there and roll around and play happily until we come to get her. She really loves it when her big brothers come in and peak in the crib and talk to her - she gets the biggest grin!
Gracie is also talking up a storm. She coos and lalala's all the time. She also enjoys a good squeal and loves to do it whenever the boys are running around. In the car she is able to see them sitting behind her and talks away to them.
I haven't been able to feel any teeth trying to make there way through but I expect it any day now. Both boys broke their two bottom teeth around 7 months. She does like to put everything in her mouth so maybe there is something going on there and I just can't feel it yet. She also loves to suck on her feet - why is that so cute when babies do it?
Here are some recent pics of her in her cutie swimsuit (thanks Jennifer Latham:)). She sat in the pool with the boys for a bit but it was just me and the kids so I wasn't able to take pictures of her first time in the pool - If only I had two more arms :)

No comments: