We've also started taking water safety/swimming classes on Saturday morning and he's loving it. We've been two weeks now and I can already see an improvement. The first week he was NOT into the floating on his back thing but this week he actually let me get his ears in the water - but he wanted to have his legs kicked straight up so we'll have to work on that in the coming weeks :)
He has also really become my little helper lately and helps me a lot with John-Mark. He'll get me diapers, paci's, bottles, you name it and he'll go find it for me. So nice to have an extra set of hands - he'll really be helpful when number 3 arrives:)
John-Mark has also gained some independence lately. Over the last month he finally started holding his own bottle (thank goodness!) Of course he would rather someone hold it for him but he'll do it if he has to. He is getting all around the house like a wild man! When James was crawling we didn't have such an open house so I don't remember him getting around so quickly but John-Mark can make it from one end of the house to the other in a matter of seconds. We had a minor accident when he made it to our bedroom and fell down the two stairs to our room. I was standing at our sink washing out a bottle and he was playing behind me and the next thing I know I hear him crying! I couldn't believe how quickly he shot back there. I now know to keep all doors closed when he's awake! oops!
Here's some recent pics:
Enjoying some rice and beans. Notice the bruised and beat up right leg - he's all boy!
I'm doing it mom!
Playing around in James' crib together. James doesn't have any cute bedding or a bumper because if you remember my mom made all his bedding and he pretty much tore apart the bumper - she didn't make it industrial strength!
Can I catch a ride on your walker John-Mark?
Looking for Daddy
We met several friends at the park last night for a yummy dinner and lots of playtime for the kids. Here are John-Mark and Mary Claire enjoying the swing together. Mary Claire was born one week after our John-Mark - how cute are they!
We didn't get home until late and John-Mark was pooped as you can see - he passed out on his Daddy's chest - such a precious baby!
2 comments:
These pictures make me smile. I love how James loves his brother so much...you sure are lucky!
The swing picture reminds me of when Caleb and Calyie were babies...that is how I would always swing them..together! Precious!
Post a Comment