He and James continue to be pretty close buddies. He likes to do MOST anything James does. When I'll ask the kids what they want for lunch most days he'll tell me, "whatever my brother is eating" - as long as its peanut butter and jelly - that is his absolute favorite right now :)
Lately he's really enjoying playing with his Legos and where James likes to have instructions to follow to build things John-Mark is way more of a "freestyle" Lego kid. So typical of their two personalities.
He also continues to impress us with with his climbing skills. He has managed to figure out how to climb to the top of the swing set and then slide down the swing chain! He's also mastered the monkey bars. He's begging me to have Jeremy build him his own set of monkey bars at home.
I fully intend to do a homeschool post eventually but if I never get to it I want to post how good John-Mark has done this year. His handwriting has gotten really good and he is really good at copying sentences without anything to trace. He's also doing really well in math. I haven't done our spelling and reading program with him because I think 4 is just too young but he has really impressed me with how well he has kept up with James this year. I really had no expectations for him this year and was just letting him "play" along as I did kindergarten with James. I think this boy will always be surprising me in one way or another. Being the second born of five I rarely get to have a lot of one on one time with him but when we do it's the sweetest. He has the best stories to tell me.
Here's some pics of John-Mark and more updates
He continues to be big fan of Buzz Lightyear and I was most excited for him to get to go to the Disney show. I knew he would LOVE getting to see Buzz and Woody in person and it didn't disappoint. I hope we're able to take him to Disney World before he grows out of Buzz and Woody - it's just too cute!
Showing me the Lego he created then giving me a silly face. He loves to give me silly faces and then look at the picture and crack up at himself :)
Doing a little exercises with James.
More Lego time!
One day he had a little attitude so told him to go sit on the couch and be quiet for a bit. It didn't take long for this to happen. He's so much like me in that he hates to miss out on anything so when he woke up he still had a little attitude because he was afraid we had fun without him (which we hadn't) but he wouldn't admit he had fallen asleep. He kept telling me he hadn't! I mean, he took like and hour nap but refused to admit it!
Partners in crime. I was informed they were taking a trip to Cuba this day. Praying these boys live a life of true adventures all to the glory of God!!
No comments:
Post a Comment