.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

"mommy's cooking a baby in her tummy"

I'm pretty sure everyone that reads this blog already knows our news but if you didn't read it on my hubby's fb or haven't had James tell you that I'm "cooking a baby in my tummy", WE'RE HAVING ANOTHER BABY! We're due Sept 21st. James and john-Mark will turn 4 and 3 in August and Gracie will be 22 months when baby #4 arrives. James has had lots of comments about this pregnancy. When we first told him I was having a baby he replied "you don't need a baby - you already have one". Very true. And yesterday I told him I needed to go to the doctor to check on the baby and when I returned without a baby I made the mistake of telling him the baby was cooking in my belly which started this whole conversation about cooking babies in the oven and on and on and the more I tried to correct myself the more he continued to talk about the "cooking of the baby". Sure enough this morning at the gym he told some friends "mommy is cooking a baby In her belly" (to which they just laughed and laughed because they actually didn't know yet:)
For the most part people have been really excited and supportive - of course there are those people who look at us like we're crazy - and some have even said as much! But we know the Lord has an amazing plan for our family and we already have 3 of the most amazing kids I know so we can't wait to see who He is adding to our family!

2 comments:

The Hoppers said...

Keep on cooking those babies!!!!! Love it!

Stephanie Drew said...

congrats! so exciting!