Room Time - Several months ago I finally decided to implement "room time" with the boys. I've read about it in several parenting books and was dreading trying it out thinking it was going to be a battle - and of course, just like most things, the things you expect to be hard never are as bad as you think. The boys play in their room off and on all day long but this is a time that I decided, where I set a timer and send them to their room and they must stay in there and play the entire time. I usually do it while I'm trying to get dinner made and don't want them under foot the whole time :) Usually when I first declare "room time" james has a bit of a come-apart but he knows the rules - I set them timer and leave them to play - within a couple of minutes I hear them in there laughing away. This is supposed to be an extension of blanket time or pack-n-play time which I never did with the boys but I think I'm going to try it with Gracie.
I caught them catching up on some reading yesterday during room time - LOVE IT!John-Mark is almost 2 and we haven't cut his hair yet - it's so stinkin' cute - his hair is totally different from James' - it appears to be fine like mine but right now it has a little curl to it which will probably go away when we cut it so i'm in no rush - he doesn't have a mullet yet so what's the hurry :) Here is his little "curl mohawk" :)

And lastly, here is the princess, Gracie Belle - getting too big! She's even starting to army crawl when she really wants to get her hands on something - which let me just say - she seems to have "GO GO Gadget arms" (Inspector Gadget reference) - I turn around for one minute and she's got something that I swear was half way across the room from her! She's very determined when she wants something :)
notice what her toys are - cars, trucks and books! We need to get this girl a baby doll but I don't think she would like them near as much as chewing on the tires of all her brother's cars :)


2 comments:
We are telling Lawson he can have a Buzz Lightyear toy he saw on a commercial. Seems to be working although this am started off good, but since then he has had a tough time. I think he might have a bug or something. Love the positive reinforcements!!!!
Yea James, we are so proud of you!
Post a Comment