.

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Sweet Friends, bonfire, single digits and my boys-

This past weekend we were blessed by some of our closest friends throwing us a couples diaper shower. It was actually a kid free event so it was so nice to be able to have real conversations that lasted longer than 30 seconds :) We all love our babies but it's nice sometimes to have a night off - it felt like we were back in time 4 years! We are so blessed to have such wonderful friends and are so thankful for all the diapers and wipes!! Jeremy said it best when he said getting boxes of diapers is like getting a stack of money - so true right now:)
Just the girls - boys don't really like to pose for pics :)

Then Saturday night we had our first annual Fall bonfire!! Jeremy has been dreaming of a night like this since he first saw our property a year and half ago! This night kids were included and everyone had so much fun - the boys both big and small LOVED the bonfire - what is it about boys and fire!?! :) We had about 18 adults and 9 kids! The kids also loved being able to swing on the swing set after dark and make smores!!! With so much going on I totally forgot to take pictures :( I did take a pic of the remains of the big bonfire the next day just so you can get an idea of what we're talking about - we had a small fire pit for the smore making and then this HUGE fire to just stand around and look at - as you can see we still have plenty more wood to burn - Jeremy is going to have a great time this winter :)
As you can see from my baby ticker we are down to single digits until my actual due date! One week from Saturday. I'm still not having any contractions so not much going on yet. I'm thinking I still have at least another good week if not longer. We're just praying God's perfect timing for this baby's arrival just like our first two. I went to the dr Monday for my 38 week appt and my doctor had to go do an emergency C-section so I got rushed in to see another dr - the one who delivered John-Mark and we decided I didn't need to be checked since I wasn't having any contractions so I have no idea if I'm dilated or not - not that it matters since I'm obviously not in labor :) Funny story- after I left the dr I went to Publix to get a few things and one of the deli workers looked at me and studied me up and down and then with great confidence informed me that I would have this baby in 2 days max! So funny - apparently she's not the expert she thinks because it's been 3 days now and no signs of baby - but if she had been right add another reason to the list of why I HEART Publix:)!

My boys!!
They are just growing up soo fast! I can't believe how tall James is getting. He can now reach the light switches in the house - I know that seems minor but I can't believe he's that tall! It is nice to be able to ask him to turn the fans on and off :) John-Mark is growing like a weed too and he's getting so much hair! He's starting to leave the baby phase and head in to full toddler world - WHAT? Before we go to bed each night we always go peak in on the boys sleeping and they just seem so big! I know once this baby arrives they will seem even bigger to me.
John-Mark is talking like crazy - it seems like overnight his vocabulary has expanded tons! In addition to ball, banana, momma, daddy, hi and bye he's now saying:
milk, shoes, bath, more, treat (for the dog), Goldie (the dog) roll tide :), hot dog, papa and many more that aren't quite as clear- and I've just realized that he fully understands EVERYTHING! I think I was going easy on him for a while but now I've seen he knows what I'm saying he just ignores me sometimes! So we are working on first time discipline with both boys still. Not fun but we're starting to see some good results so it makes all the weeping and wailing worth it :)
Here's a couple cute pics from this week:
They love this silly rocking car - here James is giving me one of his best "cheeses"John-Mark enjoying his brother being silly - they also both have thier toothbrushes in hand - another favorite!
They love to look out the window - can you believe what a difference a year makes! John-Mark still has those puggy baby legs and James is all tall and lanky now - John-Mark still has that baby hair and James has a buzz cut :) I can't wait to see what number three is going to look like and how he/she is going to add to our family!

No comments: