.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Going Home!

Today I had to leave Hotel Brookwood :) Finally on my third baby I realized that it would be ok to let her stay in the nursery some so I was able to get some really good rest while I was there. I missed my boys terrible but took full advantage of some down time and being able to just hold Gracie as much and as long as I wanted :) But after two full days and nights there I was ready to get home and jump in to this whole new life as a mommy of 3!
It's only been about 4 hours but so far Gracie has been quiet as a mouse and the boys have just wanted to look at her and point and say "baby" and "sister" and smile! Oh may every minute here on out be just like this :) HA!
Here are some pics from yesterday and today:
Our sweet friends The Lathams came to visit last night and brought yummy 5 Guys burgers & fries for dinner! Ellie is their 4 1/2 year old and she was the first baby born in our little group of friends - she has a special place in my heart :) She was so excited to get to hold Gracie - I love her little sweater - I told her mom to save that one for Gracie :) Mary Claire is Ellie's sister and she is just about a week younger than John-Mark but she is WAY more laid back than he is :) She was loving sitting in Jeremy's lap and he was too - he was getting a dose of what having a little girl is going to be like - he's already ruined!Jeremy's Aunt Debby and Uncle Tim happened to be vacationing in Nashville this week so they were able to drive over and meet Miss Gracie. She hates the flash of the camera - that's why she looks so concerned-
Getting ready to go home - look at all that light hair! I could eat her up!!On the car ride home she slept the entire way - by the time we got home she had scrunched herself over in the car seat but never made a peep!
I can't believe I have a baby GIRL!! She is just too precious!

We've yet to get pics with her and the boys or even the whole family - hope to do that soon and post.
On a side note - as I knew would happen - today when I got home I picked up John-Mark and couldn't believe how big he was! When I left on Sunday he was still a baby - now he looks soooo big!! I always thought he had such little feet and now I look at them and think they look huge!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Those pics are just too sweet. Can't wait to see pics of you and her together!

sweetpeamorrow said...

She is perfect!!!!!!!!!!!! You'll have to give me girls advice! Hope you're getting some rest! Love the name by the way!

Stephanie Drew said...

i'm just so excited for you. can't wait for tips on being a mommy of 3...looking forward to all the wisdom you'll impart. jeremy will be ruined, i can guarantee it. wish i was there to bring you dinner!!!! sending love and prayers instead!

The Latham Family said...

Another precious angel baby in the Allen family!! She has no idea yet how lucky she is to get to spend life with such people!! Love you all!