.

Sunday, October 11, 2009

I wasn't expecting this...

So, I had planned on doing a cute post about how much fun we've had having James in a big boy bed and being able to lay in bed with him and read each night and now even John-Mark is getting in on the fun-
Cute pics below:
Then....
Jeremy and I have been talking about how James needs to get his hair cut. This is something that I would ordinarily do on my own but Jeremy wants to take him to the place he gets his hair cut and it be this father/son thing so....
today I head off to the grocery store with John-Mark to pick up a few things (after I had locked John-Mark in the van and Jeremy worked for 45 minutes to get him out! He was fine - he actually took a little nap while waiting :)) Anyhoo - when we return and here comes by baby boy running to me


GASP!! Where's your hair?!? To which he touches his head and says "daddy!" with a big grin. I really almost cried!
I know I'll get used to it but it breaks my heart every time I look at him - He looks like he's 5 years old - not 2!!! As Jeremy tells me, it will grow back and when I asked him why he didn't tell me he was going to do this his response was, "because I knew you wouldn't want me to" hmm, then by all means lets go ahead and shave his hair! Guess I can use that $10 we saved on a hair cut on a nice lunch for the three of us at Chick-fil-A!
On a lighter note here is a pic of the boys in the ever popular cozy coupe - pre hair shave - they have so much fun in this thing together!

4 comments:

Jeremy said...

I think he is stinking cute with his little shaved head!!! I just want to eat him up. I dare someone to say any different...

Jeremy and Michelle said...

OFCOURSE he's cute - his hair doesn't change that - he just looks like an adorable 6 year old instead of my sweet 2 year old:)

annieck said...

What a surprise! Ha! I can't imagine! :) Of course, he looks precious and adorable...and very grown up!

Kelley Brown said...

oh wow! You handled it way better than I would have!!! :) But he does still look so cute.