.

Thursday, January 22, 2009

We're ready for some warm weather!!

Whew - this winter has been a doozy for the Allen household! After posting about James' bouts with sickness last time, this past week John-Mark had a terrible virus which caused him to have a pretty high fever for a couple of days. James never really got fevers outside of teething when he was this age so it's been a pretty tough week for me. John-Mark was so puny and you could just tell he didn't feel well when you looked at his little sad eyes and he would just sob if you tried to put him down - which I wouldn't mind except for his older brother who needed me too! This week the challenge of two has truly been a challenge. Thankfully John-Mark finally passed out on Tuesday night around 7 and I had to wake him at 7 the next morning - he hadn't moved an inch so he obviously slept pretty hard and he woke up without a high fever and seemed to be feeling much better. He's still not 100% but he is 1,000x better than two days ago - it's so hard to see your babies not feel well. Here's some pics of my sweet bug before he got sick:
LOVE IT! How fun is he! He is doing his infamous squeel for me!
So happy! Look at those thunder thighs!! We always pinch James' little thighs when he's just in his diaper so the other day I had John-Mark in just a diaper and James came over and started trying to pinch his thighs - it's amazing what all they take in!

Here's my turtle! My Aunt sent us this cute little outfit for John-Mark and he wore it to church last week. I had to take a picture of him in it! So handsome!
Daddy and John-Mark doing some work on the computer-

Jeremy's dad was able to super bless us by getting the boys an awesome playset from one of his landscaping customers whose children are all grown. He and Jeremy have been working to get it all set up but it's really been too cold to enjoy. Finally yesterday and today were a little warmer and the sun was out so we were able to let James explore. He LOVES it!! He's already got it all figured out. It has two slides, a rock climbing wall, a steering wheel in one of the houses and three swings! We've already had two of James' buddies over to play and it was a hit. I see many hours of fun to come for these boys over the years with this play set. Thanks Papa Allen!!!

Swings aren't up yet - we have to get some additional chain so they'll be long enough - but how fun does this look!
The blue slide is like a bullet! You have to stand at the bottom and catch them or it could get dangerous - and ofcourse that is James favorite one!James and Beau getting ready to slide-
"ready mommy - here I come!"James, Beau, and Charlie checking out the rock climbing wall - not quite old enough for it yet!My sweet John-Mark enjoying a little sun and fresh air!After posting that pic of james last week in not such a good light I thought I'd throw one in of him just being his normal cutie-pa-tootie self!

4 comments:

annieck said...

Awesome playset!!! What a blessing, indeed! The boys are sure to have a blast with it. :)
I'm glad John-Mark is doing better. He is such a joy! I don't know when I've seen a happier baby. He was so much fun to have in nursery on Sunday. :)

JJ said...

Thanks for praying for me! I'm sorry your boys have been so sick. Mallory and Ash are sick too - we are hoping to get rid of it before baby!

mandy smith said...

That is an awesome playset! I love your posts about your sweet boys. I saw on blurb.com where you can print your blog in a hardcover book. Apparently you are ahead of the game with your idea to print off your posts and save them. What a great idea!

Rodney and Mary Ann King said...

I have never seen Beau so tired after playing on the playset and walking to the mailbox with James. It was a great afternoon for me because he slept for 3 1/2 hours!! Also, Beau used to have curls(not as many as James) and after 3 haricuts, no longer has them...it makes me sad because now he has "big boy" hair.