.

Monday, January 12, 2009

Sick and Sick some more...

So, we got over the whole Christmas crud only for James to come down with a fever again last Sunday. I thought it must have just been some of the crud still lingering. Then on Wednesday he had a little rash on his right cheek - I thought he had an allergic reaction to something he ate. He was also being EXTREMELY fragile and clingy so I knew he wasn't feeling well. Within the next couple of days his cheek turned bright red and I began to research and found that he had "Fifth Disease". Sounds really scary doesn't it. Apparently it's some sort of virus that starts with a mild fever, then causes you to feel icky and is followed up with the rash that causes bright red cheeks and can linger for up to 3 weeks and spread down the body. The good news is that once the rash appears it's no longer contagious the bad news is John-Mark woke up with bright red cheeks this morning. Hopefully the worst of it is over for him as well. Neither of them have been bothered by it as far as wanting to itch it so that's good and I pray that they are both rounding the corner all together and we can get totally healthy again!! We're ready to get out of the house!
But we're still having fun hanging around the house - here are some fun pics from the week:
Probably where the fifth disease was spread - before I even knew james had it! Kisses for baby brother - so sweet!

James is kicking the middle of the activity mat and making it shake like crazy - he is amusing himself and John-Mark is trying to figure out how he can do that too!
We have found the tigers tail on our activity mat which adds for many more minutes of fun :)
Literally the day after my last post John-Mark went full roll - he is now a full on tummy sleeper and he sleeps so much better! (For those of you that are concerned about his face in the bumpers, he and James both love their faces to be partially covered when they sleep and I love, love, love my monitor that has a sensor under the mattress that alerts me if there hasn't been any slight movements in so many seconds - gives me great peace of mind - and I know it works because if he rolls too far to one end of the crib then I know about it!)
"hmm, how am I going to get out of this before mommy sees that I'm in the thing she told me NOT to get in"
Aunt Anne-Michelle came over and was playing with James in his new ball tower and thought it would be funny to stuff two down James' shirt - he couldn't stop touching them - made for a great laugh for all of us - he'll love these pics when he's older!

My happy boy - I have tons of pictures of this sweet face - I could probably wall paper my bathroom with just pics of this sweet face!!

1 comment:

annieck said...

Your boys are SO precious!!!
I'm sorry about the sick stuff. I feel ya. Asher seems to always have something. He's currently sick...third time since Thanksgiving! What is that about?! Tristan was never sick like this. I sure hope our little girl doesn't have it like Asher does. Oh my!