There's no real order to these pics - now that I have an I Phone I take LOTS more pics which means more things to blog about :)
My sweet sleepy boy - love those lips! Usually when the kids all go to sleep I'll just sit and hold him for as long as I can before we both get tired and crash for the night. I love that he will sleep on me :) Maybe he will be a cuddle baby.
David and Daddy hangin' out
Me and my wild man!! On this particular day he wasn't feeling well and was really only happy when I was holding him - otherwise he was following me around crying :( He also had fun seeing himself in the phone as I took pictures :)
Another good nap in mommy's arms
The day I was sitting and letting David sleep in my arms these three were entertaining me by changing "costumes" - Can you see that John-Mark has on Buzz, a Thomas cape, and Spider Man gloves- he created his own Super Hero! (Speaking of Super Hero's have I ever mentioned on the blog that James thinks Captain America is named Iron Chef America - ha! cracks. me. up. I can't even tell him that's not his real name because I love it so when he calls him Iron Chef America!)
My little snow bunny - or hip hop princess - depending on your style :)
We were looking through Jeremy's childhood photo album and even James was confused and thought they were pictures of him. Can you BELIEVE how much James looks like his daddy!!This is our new reality. Never, when we renovated this little 3 bedroom house did we think we would have SIX beds and 7 people living in it but we do and its working pretty good so far. We moved Gracie from the toddler bed in to a big girl bed so we could have the crib for David. He's still sleeping in the pack n play in our master closet but eventually he and Benjamin will share a room.
Have you ever seen anyone cuter in all camo!?!
David helping me with the laundry :) I think having 5 kids feels most overwhelming when I'm doing the laundry -it. never. ends!
A little rainy day candy land
J and I went out with friends on New Years Eve this year - such a treat! We had an AMAZING dinner at Hot and Hot.
I brought home New Years Eve favors and the kids rang in the New Year the next morning :)
Benjamin found James' sunglasses and was loving being a cool cat! One of my favorite things right now is whenever you sit on the floor or sit down any where he thinks that is an invitation for him to come and sit in your lap. He cracks me up because he will back himself in to your lap. So funny. The other day I was sitting on a little stool in my bathroom blow drying my hair so my head was down and the next thing I know he's backing himself up into my lap - under my wet hair. I feel like he needs a beep beep beep button on him like big trucks do when they back up!
I try to be intentional about spending one on one time with each of the kids but I'm not going to lie - it's hard and I don't do it nearly as often as I wish. Usually it's just taking one of the kids with me to run errands but they still love being the "only" one and I LOVE getting to talk to them one on one. Last week I went for an early morning grocery trip before J went to work and took my big 4 year old John-Mark with me. First I took him to Chick-fil-A for breakfast - and even let him have lemonade! He was super excited. He talked the entire time which he usually isn't able to do with his chatty brother and sister around. He was so sweet and wanted to save a few hashbrowns and some of his biscuit for his brother and sister :) Lately he has become quite the "class" clown around here. He loves to be silly and tell silly stories and make silly faces. I wish I could remember some of the stuff he comes up with. Just trust me - he is hysterical! In the pic below he wanted me to take his picture and then he made this silly face - we both laughed and laughed!
Over the holidays Gracie and I had a little date as well. She later regretted wanting to go shopping with me because I had about 5 places on my list and about half way in she was telling me she was tired and wanting to go home. After a quick trip for some frozen yogurt she was ready to go :)
This girl and her bunny. My mom got this for her as a teether toy on her first Easter and she sleeps with it always and would carry it around all day if I would let her. Only problem is whenever she is holding bunny she is sucking her thumb so every morning we have to put bunny in the closet until nap time or she'll be sneaking off to her bed all day to hold her and suck her thumb! She's so funny when we put her up she ALWAYS says, "I want to give her a hug, and a kiss, and a squeeze" As soon as she is in the closet out of sight she will say "I love her" - we know Gracie belle, we know :)
One day I let Benjamin sit in Gracie's car seat in the back with the big boys and boy was he excited! That blur in the picture is him kicking his legs in glee!! He soooo wants to be a big boy too!
And we have some pretty exciting news to announce -
Even David couldn't believe it!
Jeremy is starting his own business - YAY!!!
After many years of prayer and spending the last year preparing and getting his business set up he went out 100% on his own as of January 1st of 2013. His business is Metro Motorsport and he is selling cars and doing paint and body work. Exciting times around here! Trusting in the Lord like we haven't in a long while. Looking forward to lots of hard work and lots of great things!!

















No comments:
Post a Comment