Last Friday I decided it would be a good day to venture out of the house again. Due to runny noses or cold and rainy days we had been at home for a full week and we were ALL going stir crazy! Since most of the area schools had started back I thought it would be a perfect day to go to our local science museum - hopefully no field trips yet too. The babies took morning naps then we all had an early lunch and by noon we were on our way for a day of fun :) We have a membership so parking is free in the deck attached to the museum which is nice since its in the middle of downtown and it's hard to do street parking with 5 kids :) We got off to a bumpy start when I pulled up to the parking deck and it was FULL - what!?! That has never happened to us because I pride myself on only going at the least desirable times - like 3:00 in the afternoon when everyone else has already come and gone. After talking to the attendant I drove around the block a few times until a few spaces came available and they opened the deck back up. Apparently there was a meeting of some sort going on in the building as well so that took a lot of the parking but the museum itself was MUCH busier than I had hoped :( but the thought of driving away and telling the kids we weren't going in and the wailing that would have taken place would have been worse than whatever crowds McWane held for us. I'm afraid if we had gone back home someone wouldn't have made it out of the day alive :)
We got in and visited our favorite Bed of Nails exhibit and then headed up to the third floor where the special Christmas season activities we located. This year they had a mini train you could ride, a zip line, and an area with artificial snow the kids could play in along with their regular fun activities. It was pretty busy but we were able to get on the train and play in the snow easy enough. Then, of course in true Allen children fashion some one needed to go potty - and of course not JUST potty so off we all head to the family bathroom. I start making the "birds nest" on the toilet and telling the boys not to touch anything - here's a pic just in case you can't fully visualize the fun :)
After what felt like 20 minutes we finally finished up and headed back out to play. The second floor has a fun Clifford the Big Red Dog exhibit so we went there next. This area wasn't AS crazy and I was able to let Benjamin out of the stroller and explore for a bit. It was also now time to feed David so I did that as I followed Benjamin around and tried to keep track of the other three :) After another potty break (for the one child that "didn't" need to go at the earlier visit) we went back upstairs to play in the snow and do the zip line some more. Oh - and the train. Benjamin LOVED the train and would have probably stayed on it all day! Before I knew it 5pm (closing time) was quickly approaching. By now the place was pretty cleared out with only a hand full of families still there (the way we like it) so we were having real fun now! Each of the kids were able to do whatever they wanted as long as I could see them and we didn't have to stick so close together anymore. Ben got to get out of the stroller again and run around so everyone was happy. Here are some pics of our fun!
Gracie and Benjamin making snow castles
John-Mark was the first one to get the bright idea to make snow angels - then of course the others followed along.
Gracie at Clifford's library - she liked being the "bouncer" of this door and telling people who could and couldn't come in :( I love that she has not one shy bone in her body but sometimes I wish she was juuuust a little bit less bossy :) She LOVES to be in charge - another attribute I have NO idea where she got from :)
Benjamin had a great time chillin' in Clifford's bone bowl :)
Busy Busy - you can't tell it from the pic but the top left picture is in the little train that Benjamin LOVED!
Even though there were parts of the trip that were a little crazy at times, over all it was a fun, much needed day out of the house!








No comments:
Post a Comment