
I'm a little late on the blog post but I didn't miss the actual day :) This past Friday was my hubby's birthday!!! Of course he had to work all weekend but we were still able to enjoy lots of birthday festivities. The kids and I jumped in bed with him Friday morning and gave him his birthday present (A Florida/Tim Tebow print), then were able to snag him away from work for a bit to enjoy a yummy Mexican birthday lunch (sombrero and birthday singing included:). When he got home I had a yummy T-Bone waiting for him - yummy! Then I was able to surprise him Saturday night when he got home from work with some of his favorite friends and a bonfire! What more could he ask for? oh - and the kids and I made him red velvet with cream cheese icing cupcakes - mmmm, mmmm.
I don't think I've ever done a Birthday post for my amazing husband. Yet I always do them for my kiddos so I thought I would have to give him a shout out too, because, after all, without him there would be no kiddos birthdays to blog about :) :)
Jeremy is probably one of the friendliest people you will ever meet! He loves people and getting to know them and learning from them. He is constantly telling me about a customer he met and what they do, how many kids they have, their political preferences, etc. He is great at asking people questions and getting them talking about themselves which is probably one of the many reasons so many love him! He's also an amazing friend. I don't know anyone who stays in touch with so many people from so many seasons of his life - going back to like kindergarten - and he moved away from there when he was 8! As we have watched our oldest sons personality more and more come to life we both laugh and say "I don't think it's possible for him to be any more like his Daddy!" Not only is he physically his mini me - he is a total talker, people person, lover of his friends. I always say that Jeremy will do ANYTHING if he's doing it with a friend. He has lots of hobbies that he loves (which he rarely gets to enjoy) but I think more than the actual hobby he loves just being able to hang out with his buddies (hence the bonfire - wish I could have sent him deep sea fishing with all his friends but the bonfire was the best I could do right now - hopefully one day!) Jeremy is also smart - like "wicked" smart :) I say he's the smartest person I know which he always tells me is sad but it's true! I learn something new from him all the time! And he's always continuing to learn. As we begin our homeschool journey with our kids I may need to go back to work and let him handle the business of educating our children:)
Not to mention he's an incredibly hard worker, A-Mazing daddy, thoughtful, funny, encouraging, rarely gets his feathers ruffled, still takes me on dates - and opens my door:), and so much more.
But, of all of his amazing qualities the ones I probably benefit the most from is his ability to always give the benefit of the doubt and believe the best in people and how quickly he is able to forgive and even better - forget! I am sooooo blessed to be married to a man that always believes the best in me and never believes that I would intentionally try to hurt him (even when my actions are a little suspect) and those times when I do mess up he never holds it over my head - and honestly he forgets about it long before I do. I can't tell you what a place of security he has made for me, here, with him, and our "growing" family.
I'm so thankful that he chose me - and so are these guys :)
1 comment:
this is the sweetest post!!!
Post a Comment