.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Gracie - 6 months

Oh sisser! I say it all the time, but WHAT! How can it be that Gracie Belle is 6 months old!?! I am having so much fun with this sweet baby girl. Honestly, I was never one of those moms that "needed" to have a girl - after having two boys I was pretty set that I was just a "boys" mom - but now... I can't even imagine what our lives would be like without this little bit of pink in it :) She is such a happy baby (except when she's tired - then you better get her to her bed ASAP or you'll hear about it :) but other than that she is just a big smile most of the time.
What she's doing now:
In the last month she has gotten very "hands on" with everything. She loves to hold all of her toys and inspect them at great length. Just today we went grocery shopping and the boys were in the "car" at Publix and she was in the cart in her pumpkin seat with a couple of toys and she was perfectly content for over an hour. She is also all about her feet. She loves to grab them and get them in her mouth if she can. One night we went in to check on her before bed and she was asleep, on her back, with her legs straight up in the air. I can only imagine her laying in there playing with her feet and passing out and leaving her little legs hanging up in the air :)
She is rolling over from back to tummy and tummy to back but she only does it when she is trying to reach for something or if she's tired she turns to her side. She's yet to start that rolling across the room thing the boys loved to do. But then again, she doesn't get a ton of time just hangin' out on the floor - not very safe with two older brothers :) She is starting to play in her pack n play for good half hour stretches at a time. I never really did this with the boys but think I will try with her. It will be nice when she gets to that "putting everything in the mouth" stage to put her there to play while the boys and I paint or color.
She weighs 15 pounds and she is LOVING all the cute things her mommy is making her:)
On her 6 month birthday we started with the baby food. So far she's just had squash and seems to enjoy it. She is doing much better at eating than a couple of months ago when I gave her some prunes to "help" her out but she wasn't quite sure what to do with her tongue yet.
She still LOVES to stick her tongue out and it's hard to get a pic of her without it sticking out! She also has perfected doing "rasberries" and really had fun doing them while eating her squash :)
She's not sitting up on her own yet. Sometimes I wonder if she'll just by pass sitting and go straight to standing. She loves to stiffen her legs up and stand most of the time.
Over the last month we had the worst pollen I've ever seen! We all got some crud and sweet Gracie ended up with a double ear infection :( She actually did fine with it. We just let it run its course since it never interrupted her sleep or eating - praise God. I have some friends with little ones that have terrible ear infections - there's nothing worse than seeing your baby in pain. I pray her infection was just a result of all the crud floating around and we won't be getting any more of those.
Here's some pics of my sweet girl:
So serious in the exersaucer - I remember how much John-Mark loved this bumblee as well
Happy Girl!
Flirting with mommy :)
Yummy Squash!
Her favorite sleep position - left thumb in mouth, right arm over chest holding something. Here she has the little elephant Papa Steve bought when she was born - already a Bama fan :)

No comments: