I think I prepared myself for the addition of #3 being really, really hard and I jokingly tell people that it's only really hard :) so it's been much easier than I expected! Everyone seems to be adjusting really well. I've been out and about much more than I expected - not so much with all three but with one or two - that is one thing that's tough- running any sort of errand with three little ones - a. getting in and out of the car takes forever and b. most places don't have carts that accommodate three under 2 1/2. I have my ergo carrier but don't have the newborn part so I haven't been able to use it yet - but soon that will help a lot!
Jeremy had FIVE days off for Thanksgiving which we all LOVED!! I love having him home and so do the boys - it also gave me a chance to get out of the house ALONE for a bit - glorious!! He kept all three babies so I could go do a little "after pregnancy" clothes shopping - what a super dad!!
Two nights this past week Jeremy went out and built bonfires and he and James sat out there for HOURS enjoying the fire - so glad he finally has someone that loves a fire as much as he does. John-Mark went out for a bit but he likes to run around and not listen so well so he had to come back in - which he was not happy about but soon enough he'll be out there all night too. We also had a huge tree fall in our neighbors yard and Jeremy spent most of Sunday chopping it up and getting it off their yard. James spent most of the day out their with him loving every minute of it. It was the cutest thing to watch Jeremy carrying these huge limbs and James following behind him with a stick and helping pile them all up. I know Jeremy loved every minute of it too - he and his little mini me.
James has also decided he is going to be a second mommy to John-Mark :) Over the past week he has been very bossy with him telling him things like "go to time out John-Mark and quit whining" (think he's been told that a time or two:) We put the Christmas tree up yesterday and James is quick to run over and pull John-Mark away any time he goes near an ornament. Sometimes he does this nicely, other times he pushes or pulls him down - not so nice.
Gracie is still doing great. She is sleeping from around 10:30 until 3 and then up for about 20 minutes to eat and get a quick diaper change and then she goes back down until 6:30 or 7. I haven't been very strict on her daytime sleep yet - we do a 3 hour schedule of eat, play, and sleep but sometimes she sleeps really good and sometimes she just cat naps. Usually around 6 weeks is when I really crack down napping - maybe I'll have more time for blogging then :) Right now she is just so sweet and cuddly and I could hold her all day if it weren't for my two sweet boys needing me too :)
I know there is tons more to blog about but my time is up - I just heard a bang and now a cry - gotta go save the day :)
Mr. Robby with the Allen clan -
James loving on Gracie
Daddy and John-Mark having fun
My sweet sleeping girl - I probably have 1000 pics of my babies sleeping - I just love it! So peaceful!
All bundled up in the blanket my mom made her
Speaking of me sleeping babies :) James was pooped!Oh - one last thing - we have been overwhelmed by everyone's generosity in making sure our little Gracie girl has something to wear:) We honestly had not one pink thing when she was born and now she is covered! Thank you to everyone that has passed along clothes, blankets, shoes, and more!





1 comment:
I can't believe you have three kids now....what a blessing! They are all precious! I know you are loving girl things- who doesn't want a little pink in their lives!
Post a Comment