.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Lately...

Sweet baby Benjamin is 2 1/2 weeks now and we're still rocking along. Jeremy was home for six glorious days and it was wonderful to have an extra pair of hands! He mostly took care of the "older" babies while I focused on Benjamin. The weather was beautiful and they spent most of their days outside playing baseball, soccer, "helping" daddy in the yard, swinging, riding their "4 wheelers", and tons of other crazy shenanigans! At one point in the week poor Gracie looked like she had gotten run over she was so scratched and bruised up - on HER FACE!!! That girl has no fear and truly takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'! Here are some pics from our week (in no order - I'm too tired right now to try and organize them :)
Riding on the four wheelers - How cute it Gracie riding with her brother - and how about her outfit! Ha! All of the boys play pants have made it in to her closet - I'm not about to try and keep her from getting dirty in any of her cute clothes :) But she does have a pink top and her "sparkle" shoes :)
As I was taking these pictures I was thinking "this probably isn't the best idea" but, what the heck. These 4 wheelers don't have batteries anymore but the kids LOVE to ride them down the hill of our drive - only problem is our drive is only partly paved so when they hit the gravel it can get a little hairy - and the first trip went fine - it was the second time down that John-Mark and Gracie took quite a spill - but all is fine - no blood so we're all good :)
The boys are loving their brother. They love to sit and watch him. They are actually able to show quite a bit of self control because they want to hold him all the time - I love this picture- enjoying a snack and baby watching :)
Play time ?
The boys brought me these beautiful "flowers" yesterday. They were so proud of the surprise they had for me. This is the first time they have ever, on their own thought to do something like this - melt my heart!
Snack time again - this time enjoying a nice day with Goldie. I don't know if you can tell but James as on an Alabama jersey and Florida shorts - confused kid :)
James LOVE, LOVE, LOVES being a big brother and he loves holding Benjamin. When I got them all set up he told me I could go now - like, I've got this under control mom! Ha! Not quite yet but he is a good little helper - getting his paci, diapers, blankets, whatever he needs.
Enjoying a nice fall night with a gourmet dinner of chicken nuggets and corn (daddy did the cooking :)
Gracie and James doing a little reading :)
My "worker" boys with their helmets and shovels and rakes. They LOVE their new bike helmets and wear them pretty much any time they are outside - whether riding their bikes or not :)
The last several nights we've been watching the baseball semifinals I guess it is? (Texas vs Detroit) Anyhoo - it's obvious that is what the boys have been watching when you watch them play baseball together and John-Mark does the pitcher leg hike then spits and throws the ball :) HA! Pretty soon he's going to be adjusting himself! BOYS!!!
Oh- and I think we've turned a corner with John-Mark on the potty training. He's been doing great the past couple of days - even going out of the house in underwear and no accidents! yea for John-Mark!!!

1 comment:

Laura Gail said...

Love that James is wearing the bike helmet while eating dinner!!! Hilarious!