.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Baby Girl

She's still our baby - at least for a couple more weeks - and she'll always be our baby girl but I wanted to do a little post just about her before this blog goes new baby crazy for a bit :)
She is almost 22 months and over the last 6 months or so her personality has really "blossomed". Often when people find out I'm having another boy I'll hear comments like, "oh, Gracie will have to be tough with all those brothers" which makes me laugh. She is tough and determined without any help from her brothers and if anything these boys are going to make great husbands because they are learning at a young age how to take orders from a female in their lives - ha! She is the one in charge around here. For example, we all know she LOVES her bunny that she sleeps with. She's not allowed to carry it around - it must stay in her crib or she'll walk around sucking her thumb all day. I usually put bunny in the very corner of the crib so she can't reach it. But she is has figured out how to work around mamma's silly rules. She will pester her brothers like crazy, whining "bubba, bunny, bubba, bunny" and try to lead them to her room. She literally will not stop until they finally get so tired of hearing her they just get up from what they are doing and go get it for her! John-Mark seems to be the biggest push over for her. I see a wonderful partnership in crime developing :) These boys will do anything for her! Even when she's little miss bossy to them. It's not uncommon to see her pushing them around and telling them, "no ma'am, no ma'am" (wonder if she hears that a lot:) But for all her sass she can also be the sweetest. She loves to hug and kiss her brothers and I will often see her walking up to them, arms open wide asking, "hug? hug?"
Potty training - so, I'm hitting the potty training hard again with John-Mark. We've been doing this off an on for the last year but I think it's time to get really serious about it. He's 3 now and he can't move up to the new room at church until he's potty trained. He's doing pretty good. Still goes pretty much just at my prompting but he's not having a lot of accidents so we're making progress. The one that is shocking me is Gracie. She is obsessed with going to the potty. Anytime I take John-Mark she wants to go too. I finally broke down and bought her some panties to wear around the house just because taking her diaper on and off all day is a pain. She's by no means potty trained but she sure loves to sit on the potty, get toilet paper, flush, and wash her hands. Could I be so lucky as to get them both potty trained around the same time and only have sweet Benjamin in diapers? I'm trying not to get my hopes up.
Gracie and Daddy - honestly, until she was about 6 or 8 months old she was pretty indifferent to her daddy but she's not that way anymore. She LOVES her daddy or "dadden" as likes to call him. When he comes home from work she is the first one to run to him and give a big hug and kiss. Sweetest. ever. She always gives him a little pat on the back when she hugs him - just like he does her. She also loves to touch his smooth face when he has just shaved. How sweet is this -
see, she totally has all the men in this house wrapped around her little finger :)
I know things in her little world are about to change with a new baby in the house but I hope her transition isn't too difficult because even though she won't be The baby she will always be our baby girl :)
How cute is she with her towel on her head - such a little woman!

No comments: