.

Monday, August 15, 2011

John-Mark is 3!!

Yesterday was John-Mark's 3rd birthday. We started the day singing him happy birthday then he was ready to see his surprises. I was a little worried he was going to be disappointed because he kept thinking he was getting a "bideo" game like his brother but when he saw his bike he was super excited. For some reason he calls it his "jumpy" bike. After church we came home and John-Mark's special breakfast was chocolate chip pancakes which were a big hit:) Then last night we took the boys out for a Mexican Fiesta for a last birthday hoorah! Complete with sombrero's and singing, oh, and of course chips, salsa and "soft cheese" as James calls it :) Our favorites!
If I thought James' 4 years of life have flown by, John-Mark is really a blur! As I was looking back through pictures of him I just started crying - not able to believe my baby John-Mark is no more. I think he has grown up even faster than James to me because for the past year and half he has been on the fast track to catch up to his brother in everything so I forget that he once was little too :(
Oh, my handsome, silly boy. I always tell people that you are the one that is going to keep us laughing and scratching our heads at the same time. Right now you can be the sweetest boy in the world. I think at almost every meal at some point you will say to me, "thank you mommy for cooking breakfast, lunch or dinner for me and Gracie and James" (so sweet). You also often will tell me "mommy, this is dewicious!"
One of my most recent favorite John-Mark stories is when you were playing with your daddy and brother and ya'll were rough housing and you looked at your daddy and said, "I come to you in the name of the Lord of Hosts!", something you had just heard David say in a new David and Goliath video. Love it!! You are always easy to give up a hug or kiss and love to come and sit with your mommy. I can't wait to see your little personality bloom even more over this next year. I am sooo blessed to be your mommy!
Welcome to our family John-Mark!
Happy First Birthday Happy Boy!
I love this pic because this is where you have been since you were able to crawl to him - you love your big brother or "my James" as you call him. I pray you boys always love each other and are close!Happy 2nd Birthday Blue Eyes!!
What a difference a year makes! This is John-Mark at the same time last year in the same airplane as above!
Loving life with his brother and sister! Our family is so not what I would have "planned" but I am so thankful the Lords plan is better and overrides mine! Can't even imagine life without one of these precious ones or what they would be like without each other! We are all so blessed to have each other!
James being sweet and letting John-Mark play his new game
Showing off his new ball and glove
He's running out of the pic to tell his daddy about his new bike - but you can tell he's pretty happy!
Going for a ride! I took the boys to the park yesterday that has a great riding area and they LOVED both having bikes to ride! Looking forward to some nice fall weather so they can ride more -

1 comment:

The Barnetts said...

Oh my gosh time is flying. I need to come over and take some pictures so I can remember this precious time. Tell the boys Happy Birthday and that their Aunt Miche loves them.