1st BirthdaySneak peak of the birthday party - pools and slip n slides in the rain - what more could a boy ask for!
My precious, handsome BIG boy. I almost feel like I have two boys turning three instead of you turning 2. It seems like from the time you started crawling you have been in a hurry to catch up to your big brother and be able to do everything that he can do – and it appears that is the case. I can’t think of much that he can do that you’re not able to do as well. From knowing your ABC’s and numbers, to swimming without a life jacket, climbing our rock wall and on and on. You are so smart and honestly amaze me everyday with how quickly you have grown up over the last year! Other people comment all the time as well at how surprised they are at all you can do at such a young age and I always tell them that you really think you’re 3! There is nothing James is going to do that you’re not going to conquer as well.
You are the one every one thinks looks like your mommy and you probably have a bit of my personality as well. You are very determined when trying to do something and will get quite frustrated if things don’t go as you would like. However, when you finally figure out what you’ve been working on (like putting your shoes on by yourself) you are so proud and will beam “I did it, I did it!” On many occasions I have watched you figure out how to do something difficult if I just leave you alone and let you go to it. Just a few weeks ago you wanted to swing and I was inside and I looked out and you had pulled a small plastic wagon over to the baby swing, dumped it over, then stood on it and pulled yourself up in to the swing. Then you had your big brother come over and push you – so smart!
While you love to be around people like your brother you also enjoy your alone time. It’s not uncommon at some point in the day to find you in your room, by yourself, looking through books or playing with toys. Sometimes when you and James are watching cartoons you’ll just get up and go to your room. When I go to check on how you’re doing you’ll be playing with some toy that James was playing with earlier and have it all to yourself You also are a little reserved when you first go someplace new. It usually takes you a minute to check everything out -you can just tell you are always soaking in everything around you and thinking. You usually have a very serious face until you feel comfortable with someone new or someplace new but then you get the biggest grin and have big fun! You seriously love to have fun! While you often show caution you are not fearful at all. You will try just about anything – like being pulled behind a jet ski at 20 mph!
You also love to be a helper with your baby sister and are always taking her toys or talking to her. You love to tell people, “that my sisser”. It’s crazy to me that you are a big brother too – my baby boy! I look forward to watching you boys look out for your sister for years to come.
It makes my heart hurt a little to see how fast you are growing up! I honestly feel like we just brought you home from the hospital and I blinked and you’re 2! I wouldn’t mind it if we could just slow things down a little bit!
I love you soooo much and can’t imagine our family without you! I have a feeling you are going to keep us on our toes and keep us laughing! Happy 2nd birthday to my big, baby boy!





No comments:
Post a Comment