Really? I can't believe my babies are almost 2 and 1! Boy, does having kids really make the time fly by - do you remember when you were a kid it felt like life was moving so slowly and you couldn't wait to be older and now it feels like everything is on fast forward!!We are having a blast with these boys and I honestly can't imagine it any other way than having them so close together and I'm sure the third is going to fit right in as well.
James is continuing to daily expand his vocabulary. Some of his favorite things to say right now are "hold you", "no no john-mark" (he loves keeping John-Mark in line:)), "Elmo", "wati" (water), "charlie", and "mommy and daddy". He has just started calling for us when he wakes up from his naps. It is so sweet to hear that little voice through the house calling for me! I am realizing that while he is like his daddy in almost every way he does have my bit of impatience. If he's trying to figure something out and can't get it as quickly as he would like he gets irritated and pushes it away. I'm trying to figure out the best way to work on this with him. He still is very social and loves to be around people, especially other kids. I took him to the McWane Center yesterday and he walked in like he owned the place - the kid has no fear!
John-Mark is still our crazy crawling baby. I can't believe he's not walking yet. He loves to stand and push all his toys around but when he's serious about moving he hits to the knees and takes off. He is more independent than his older brother and loves to play by himself. Often he will crawl in to James' room when no one is in there and just play and play with his toys. And while James is pretty social - John-Mark is going to be the life of the party. He NEVER meets a stranger. While it takes James a bit to warm up to strangers enough to give them a grinner John-Mark is all smiles! Strangers always comment on what a happy baby he is. I always laugh and think, "he is a really happy baby, until he's not:)" There's no real middle ground for John-Mark - it's either happy happy or UPSET!! He is much more dramatic than his big brother - Lord help us! He is starting to say mama and dadda more and his favorite form of communication is yelling - not angry yelling just yelling - he is one loud baby; he LOVES to eat - EVERYTHING! He is so strong on more than one occasion he has reached up and almost grabbed a plate or cup out of my hand!
That's a bit of what they have been up to lately - hope you enjoy the new pics!
Sesame Street was on as I was trying to take these pics and there was a song on so James was "snapping" to the music.
So, I was one of those moms that didn't want my kids watching tv until they were atleast two and honestly James watched very little if any up until about 6 months ago - now almost every morning he watches Sesame Street. He loves Elmo and it gives me a chance to get a shower, clean up, whatever. Here he is getting comfy at the start of the show.
Here he is near the end of the show - I think he's ready for a nap:)
John-Mark found his play mat in his closet and had the best time playing around in there - this face is sheer joy!
Here is my big boy trying to throw a ball that is almost as big as he is! He watches EVERYTHING James does. Lately James has bit hitting balls off of a small baseball tee and John-Mark watches him the whole time. I told Jeremy that I wouldn't be surprised if once he starts walking he walks over, picks up the bat and takes a perfect swing!
My sweet boy at his window where he loves to be - I wish it wasn't so dark on one side but you can still see his sweet face!
1 comment:
These are just the best boys...the kind that make you want to keep on trying until you get one! :)
Post a Comment