

Sorry this post is late - I've had a sinus infection and John-Mark spent the weekend with my mom so I just couldn't get it together!
What a blessing that my mom and Papa Steve had John-Mark for the weekend so they could have some one on one time with him and us with James. I forget what it was like just to have one - it seems so easy! Especially at James' age - he's so easy about going places and minds me so well - we had a wonderful weekend - aside from the fact that I felt like my head was going to explode :) It's nice just to be able to focus on one every once in a while. As you can see from the above pics my babies are getting so big! They were playing with one of Daddy's belts and were playing so well I figured I better snap a couple shots for their monthly pics!
James continues to communicate better everyday and always surprises me with what he remembers/knows. Some of his favorite things are to read his Sesame Street books and show me Elmo, Big Bird, and Cookie (Cookie Monster); he also loves to fill the dog food scoop and feed the dogs and give them thier treats. He understands the "clean up" song and cleans up all his toys when we sing it. This time from 18 - 24 months really is something new everyday! He seems like SUCH a big boy to me right now (snif snif). He's actually gotten lots more cuddly as he has gotten older. He used to be sooo independent but now he likes me rock him in his rocking chair or to just sit with me with his blankie and watch Sesame Street - I love it! Now John-Mark is my Mr. Independent - on the go, on the go. He has started walking around furniture and he'll walk behind push toys or if you hold his hands. You can tell he is soooo ready to take off but not quite sure of his legs yet - he's so quick on his knees I'm scared of what he'll be like when he has full mobility!!!
While it was nice to have just one for the weekend (and one that did not even seem to notice that his little brother was missing!) I told Jeremy that I'm so glad that they have each other. I know this time next year they will be running all over this house and yard together and I love it! Having been an only child I always wished I had a brother or sister to play with and I am so happy for my babies that they do.
Later this week we are headed to Jeremy's hometown in Florida for several days. This is our first real trip back since when I was pregnant with James so we are super excited to get to visit everyone and take the boys to the "motherland" :) This is also our first flight with the boys - I think I'm prepared with the portable dvd player, bottles, snacks, books, and more! Please say a prayer that it will be an uneventful flight to and from!



2 comments:
I have a feeling our boys would be great friends since they seem to be so much alike. I hope you are feeling better and you have a very safe trip. Maybe we can get together to go to the zoo when you get back.
I am thinking that John-Mark looks like you Michelle. They are too cute! Lawson keeps talking about "James". He is now in his list of friends when I tell him we are going to church and he will play with friends in the nursery.
Post a Comment